Huge Mountain Lion killed.

Shotgun Shooter

Yeah, I know...it's not in GA, but still some nice pictures.

This lion was hit between Prescott and Ashfork Arkansas, by a car. Fish and Game had to come and put him down. He charged at the Fish and Game guy in the process.

Attachments

• image001.jpg
    image001.jpg
    164.6 KB · Views: 14,428
  • image002.jpg
    image002.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 11,665

Paddle

That's a big cat!!!!!

With all the Black Panthers we have in Georgia you'd think there would have been a few road kills here as well, but there has NEVER even been one!!!!

We are all looking forward to the day!!

Shotgun Shooter

I didn't think there were cougars in Arkansas.

Actually, there are a lot of big cats in Arkansas. Whether they call them cougars or mountain lions. The game warden in charge of the area of our club has seen 2 cougars and 1 black panther on our property. My brother saw the 2 cougars on our property near the end of bow season last year. He said they were big cats, but nothing like these pictures.

Jranger

Actually, there are a lot of big cats in Arkansas. Whether they call them cougars or mountain lions. The game warden in charge of the area of our club has seen 2 cougars and 1 black panther on our property. My brother saw the 2 cougars on our property near the end of bow season last year. He said they were big cats, but nothing like these pictures.

That information would curtail my desire to be in the woods before or after dark.....:hair:

MoeBirds

Just read an article (not 20 minutes ago) about cats/cougars in Ark and other states (no mention of GA:rolleyes:) in today's USA Today!!

They're being found in good numbers several states from their homes and it is usually when young males are being driven off, but some females have wandered over 300 miles as well (radio collared). They even discussed a kitten being found (dead), which would of course suggest (when suitable habitat and a pair meet in this environment) that their are scatterings of reproduction (some successful/some not) taking place.

specialk

nice cat, but did anyone notice the big collection of sheds in the background? some look to be mule deer but some are whitetails too.......nice.......

Pop

That shore is a real nice puddy cat. Shore would love to have had him for a pet

GoldDot40

With all the Black Panthers we have in Georgia you'd think there would have been a few road kills here as well, but there has NEVER even been one!!!!
You meant to say, there's never been one make it to the media? :stir::stir:

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I lived there for about 15 years. The DNR spent many hours and a lot of bucks telling folks there was not a sustanable population of cats in the state.

Folks kept finding tracks and there was an occasional spotting then one was killed by a truck. Now the state is listed as having a cat population. Kind of funny how those biologist work.

:stir::stir: Is it just me or does anyone else see a little photoshop work in this pic.