7Mag Hunter

Tried it several times 20+ yrs ago, during the full moon....You
could see and hear movement but no detail unless they were
right under your stand....Did have 1 big bodied deer with "horns"
with a dark stripe down his back walk directly under
my stand shortly after I raked some rattling horns on the pine
tree i was sitting in...

Not really as much activity as you might think....The woods did
not really "come alive" with deer.........

hancock husler

I think the only problem you may have from the GW is... if you had nigh vision optics,spotlight ,and bait out around you. Most GW I have met that is working nights are set up poaching stings .

Tried it several times 20+ yrs ago, during the full moon....You
could see and hear movement but no detail unless they were
right under your stand....Did have 1 big bodied deer with "horns"
with a dark stripe down his back walk directly under
my stand shortly after I raked some rattling horns on the pine
tree i was sitting in...

Not really as much activity as you might think....The woods did
not really "come alive" with deer.........
your not suppose to be hunting. its to get in the woods and let eveything settle down and not disturd deer at first light.:whip:

hambone76

Got in a lock on of mine in Macon County one time about 2 hours before daylight. Was trying to get in earlier because i kept bumping deer making the transition from a big peanut field back to bed in a nearby swamp. I had a buck come in making scrapes an hour or so before daylight. I bumped less deer on the way in but never really helped otherwise. It sure made staying in the stand til 12 more difficult. Better lock on wouldve been a big +.

Flaustin1

We did it out of a big tower stand one night with no guns and plenty of beer. Saw plenty of deer too.

mhayes

so you walked in without a flashlight? you have a gun in your possession? you're sitting in a treestand over a well used trail or a food plot or an acorn tree? you wearing an orange vest?

what constitutes hunting and differenciates it from sitting in a tree?

I just wonder what Mr GW would say if he was out and about and somehow managed to find you? to those who have openly admitted to being in a tree stand with a gun several hours before the '30 minutes before sunrise' that's stated in the regs, what would you say to him/her?

It is stated in the regs no shooting 30 min before sunrise. I did not see anything that says what times I can or can't be in the woods. I have stayed in a stand long after legal shooting light watching a buck in a food plot. He always showed after dark. That day he showed just after legal hours. I didnt want to spook him so stayed. For almost 3 hours after dark I had deer hanging out in my plot. When they left I did. And no I did not attempt to shoot any of them.

73Cj5

I did this also got in stand a 3:45 as that was the only time on my camera deer hasn't been around. At 5:45 the camera flash went off with a deer at it and I about jumped out of the tree scared the bajesus out of me ! Did kill a doe at 730 am

I laughed out loud. I've used that word in the past, but haven't heard it in a long time. Started laughing and my wife asked me what was going on, so I had to look it up and give her a definition. Made me laugh all over again. :rofl:

Dictionary:

bejesus |biˈjēzəs| (also bejeezus)
noun informal
an exclamation traditionally attributed to the Irish, used to express surprise or for emphasis : they were forty minutes late, cocky as bejesus.
PHRASES
beat the bejesus out of someone - hit someone very hard or for a long time.
scare the bejesus out of someone - frighten someone very much

I laughed out loud. I've used that word in the past, but haven't heard it in a long time. Started laughing and my wife asked me what was going on, so I had to look it up and give her a definition. Made me laugh all over again. :rofl:

Dictionary:

bejesus |biˈjēzəs| (also bejeezus)
noun informal
an exclamation traditionally attributed to the Irish, used to express surprise or for emphasis : they were forty minutes late, cocky as bejesus.
PHRASES
beat the bejesus out of someone - hit someone very hard or for a long time.
scare the bejesus out of someone - frighten someone very much
thats funny ! now we know the rest of the story good day lol :flag:

Bob2010

Allways wanted to get a fire tower. Set it up with heat and a comfortable bed. Have 6 long shooting lanes planted in every direction. Tower right in the middle. Stay for the weekend and eat, sleep, read, hunt without leaving. You could just have 50 acres and stack it with fruit trees and what not. Still have land somewhere else to roam and hunt. This would be like a weekend lazy spot.

ross the deer slayer

I've thought about it recently. If I had a box stand/blind that I could lay down in and sleep then I'd do it..as long as it was a legit spot not a 2 does and a spike kinda spot i'm talking MEGA biggun spot.

I have now just realized where that spot is. Wow. Thank You God. I know what I'm doing next week

pnome

Allways wanted to get a fire tower. Set it up with heat and a comfortable bed. Have 6 long shooting lanes planted in every direction. Tower right in the middle. Stay for the weekend and eat, sleep, read, hunt without leaving. You could just have 50 acres and stack it with fruit trees and what not. Still have land somewhere else to roam and hunt. This would be like a weekend lazy spot.

That sounds awesome.

Throwback

Chief Big Taw
i have a hard enough time staying awake in a deer stand in the daytime.

T

jonhayes

I've actually spent the night a few times in the woods in my tree lounge, I was much younger then but never really had much of a problem and actually slept most of the time

GA DAWG

I probably will never do it. I kill plenty getting in there at regular time:)

mtr3333

Banned
I just wanna run zip lines in the woods and slip all night.

littlewolf

I just wonder what Mr GW would say if he was out and about and somehow managed to find you? to those who have openly admitted to being in a tree stand with a gun several hours before the '30 minutes before sunrise' that's stated in the regs, what would you say to him/her?

:crazy:

Nothing wrong with getting to the woods early to avoid bumping deer or to let things settle down. Seriously doubt a GW would have a problem with it unless he was hearing gunshots.

crazybuck123

I sit full moon in sept oct nov and dec through the nite and the woods do come alive when that moon gets bright!! And u can sit in the woods all night every nite long as u dont shine em or shoot em!!!