Close one!!

Allen Oliver

I leased me a small place Monday last week that is on the other side of the creek from my nephews place I was hunting on year before last. Finally got a chance after work today to go walk it a little more. About 100 yards off the road I am standing in a well used trail and here movement ahead of me about 20 yards and ole Flop ear jumps up and blows at me. Standing there watching which way she takes to escape something about 15 feet away catches my eye. Laying in the middle of the trail is one of the biggest Diamondbacks I have seen in awhile. After I checked my pants I backed out of there real fast. Really got shook up when I started thinking what if that ole Nannie had not jump up when she did. Don't think I will go back without my snake boots and a weapon. Got back to the van and went around to the other side of property and had another doe cross the highway and cross the sorgum field headed to my lease. Hope they hang around. Note to self don't forget SNAKE BOOTS!!!

JBranch

Old doe saved your hide, sounds like. Unlikely you will return the favor if she gets close enough, though......
Be careful out there, I'm sure he's not there by himself.

Barry Duggan

You didn't go up there and charm it a little bit before backing out?:bounce:

Bucky T

GONetwork Member
EDB's are creatures of habit. She'll be in the same place more than likely.

Try to avoid the area. I wouldn't kill her..........

Allen Oliver

You didn't go up there and charm it a little bit before backing out?:bounce:

No way I did not have my charm sticks with me. I hope that I do not have to kill her or him. But I will not hesitate if I get a chance. I would see it right where I just found a good funnel and planned on hanging a lock on.

Barry Duggan

No way I did not have my charm sticks with me.

Ok. I figured you might have sat down, crossed your legs, whipped out your pocket guitar man, and played DB a tune or two. It's always titillating to ease into a stand location, in the dark, where one of them type critters has eluded me. But, don't give that a second thought; after all, it probably left the area.:rolleyes:

frankwright

The few rattlesnakes I have come up on have all been in a trail or on a dirt road. I guess they know where the hunting is best.
I automatically watch where I walk. I am skeered of snakes and have trained myself to always watch for them.

I have stopped and examined a crooked stick laying in a trail walking in the dark.