dm/wolfskin

Hat is on a roll. More tomorrow.

Attachments

• oglethorpewhiteboar7-26-2015 2015-07-26 002.jpg
    oglethorpewhiteboar7-26-2015 2015-07-26 002.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 247
Last edited:

Barry Duggan

That hat and location, location, location are a awesome combo.
Get em Mikey.

dm/wolfskin

Martin(Selfbow) hurt my feeling the other day by saying my green light hunts were too easy. Four hours of walking is easy hunting.:mad: Well this hunt started out before it got dark and it's back at the other farm where I shot the 3 pigs last week. Got to go to the field and work. Be back later Jack.

Well I sat around all day Saturday recovering from Friday night hog hunt. Sunday afternoon I decided I'd go back down where I killed the 3 pigs from last week. I got down there at 8:20pm. No need to get there too early cause them pigs usually move right at dark and after dark. I was just going to walk the roads and check the fields.The first field was right there near my truck. Three pigs died there last week but none in the field right now. I get on the road that comes out East of the next field. The wind is slightly out of the West and only 5 deer in the field and no pigs. The deer want no part of me at 100 yards and leave field for the pines trees. I back up and walk toward field # 3 to check it out. I'm heading South now toward the swamp and creek. This field has two roads to enter it. Not much than 50 yards apart. I'm coming in from the East side of the field and notice a pig right away eating between me and in front of the island of trees bushes and the other entrance road. I stop and get an arrow out and on the string and cut on my Playsport. The pig is about 15 yards away but too much brush and trees in the way. But this is good cause I'm going to sneak around the corner of the bushes and trees and stick this pig at maybe 10 yards. Oops, that ain't going to happen. The pig sense something ain't right and moves toward the South in the open field. I hold still. He finally shows himself in the field and stops to look back my way. Bad mistake on his part. I quickly sent my GT3555 arrow downrange. The arrow has a 190gr Grizzly broadhead on the end. It hits with a thud. The pig takes off for the woods with a green lighted nock on the arrow showing me where he's going. I quickly follow so not to lose sight of the nock but it disappears. Daylight is fading fast and I want to find him before it gets too dark and wonder it the hit was good enough. I know I hit mid ways in the body but my arrow was angling forward. I cross a ditch and head West at the last place I saw my lighted nock. I'm just looking for my nock right now. I come to another road that is grown up in weeds waist high. I'm standing there looking around but see nothing of my nock but I think I smell gut material. I take a step and all of a sudden there's the pig. He must have been laying down with the nock on the far side. Here we are face to face at 5 yards and I have no arrow on my string or in my hand. Be back later.

I'm keeping one eye on him while trying to get an arrow out my quiver and hope its not my hex head for squirrels and warm up shots. Get the picture, he's got both eyes on me looking mad with an lighted nock arrow sticking out his left side 15 inches or so at 5 yards. I've never been charged before and I hope it doesn't start now. I might squeal like a pig.facepalm: Anyway he turns and heads up the weedy road at a walk trot speed. I follow and now have a Land shark broadhead arrow on my string. After about 30 yards he cuts into the woods and stops. I can see my nock real good but just the outline of the pig. The woods have gotten dark. Well why don't I cut on my green light that's on my bow and make it easy for a shot.:huh: The pig is only 5 yards away but it looks like one of Hatchet Dan's set up at the 3D shoots. A vine and other junk in the way but I bend over some and sent arrow number two into the same side as the other arrow. He takes off a little slow and only goes about 10 yards and just stands there. I mark the road with toilet paper just in case things go south. I ease in the wood but keep my distance at 15 yards. HE is starting to labor with his breathing and gasping for more air. He won't go down. Finally he starts squealing turning in circles and is heading in my direction but turns as if heading back to the overgrown road but down he goes and falls on the side of my 2 arrows. In another minute it's all over. My last 4 hunts in 10 days have been a memorable one. 5 pigs in the hot muggy July air. Now I have my stalk on video but after the shot I'm not even think about the camera so a lot of ground and sky before I turn it off.

Attachments

• oglethorpewhiteboar7-26-2015 2015-07-26 003.jpg
    oglethorpewhiteboar7-26-2015 2015-07-26 003.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 193
  • oglethorpewhiteboar7-26-2015 2015-07-26 007.jpg
    oglethorpewhiteboar7-26-2015 2015-07-26 007.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 199
  • oglethorpewhiteboar7-26-2015 2015-07-26 006.jpg
    oglethorpewhiteboar7-26-2015 2015-07-26 006.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 195
Last edited:

Munkywrench

Mike, I'm gonna lay in the back of your truck one afternoon and ride out there with ya

Barebowyer

Well done, once again!! I am envious that you have a place to even hunt them!! Great job, enjoyed the video clip as well!

Triple C

I'd say game on between you and Sawtooth! Gonna be interesting to follow the trials and tribulations of 2 pig killing machines.

Nice job Mike! Bet the ol' heart was thumping pretty hard when the pig was eye to eye at 5 yds with an arrow in him.

Barry Duggan

Yep, that "eye to eye" one needed killing, before he grew up to be surly.:bounce:

Barry Duggan

Scrub oak is getting nervous? Who's next .......

I'm still waiting on a farmer to call and tell me there are pigs in his field...come do something about it.:pop: