long hair Hog??

apoint

I was in south GA and came across this dead long haired hog. Iv never seen a long haired hog so thought Id ask if this is special?

Attachments

• dead hog.jpg
    dead hog.jpg
    482 KB · Views: 530
Last edited:

Todd E

Thats a normal wild hog. Only thing special about it is that it is dead and decomposing.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Maybe a little Russian blood in him , pretty normal, kinda looks like someone posed it for a picture and left some good meat to waste!

Son

Gone But Not Forgotten
Eurasian in that boar.

Killer Kyle

I don't think that how's hair is especially long. It looks like it had recently been wet, and the mottled coloration gives it that appearance. At first glance it seemed long to me until I really looked at it. I can see how it could trick you. Good looking hog anyway. Would have made a FINE euro mount!

apoint

I don't think that how's hair is especially long. It looks like it had recently been wet, and the mottled coloration gives it that appearance. At first glance it seemed long to me until I really looked at it. I can see how it could trick you. Good looking hog anyway. Would have made a FINE euro mount!

The hair looks a lot longer than what I have seen posted on here. It was at least 3 to 3.5 inches long. My first thought was Russian strain. Which has nothing to do with Pelosi.

apoint

Eurasian in that boar.

Thank you son, you ought to know because I was in the very Sw corner of GA. Your neck of the woods. All the pictures Iv seen of Russian hogs, this is one.

Last edited:

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
That’s a cool find! I think the coloration makes him look like he’s got some eurasion too. While I like to harvest pigs, and they have been my main pursuit, I don’t have a problem with killing them like rats either.........just not on my WMA:bounce:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
We have pure-strain Russian hogs here in the Smokies, and they are a lot hairier than feral hogs, especially in the wintertime. THat one looks to have Russian in it.

buckrub

We have pure-strain Russian hogs here in the Smokies, and they are a lot hairier than feral hogs, especially in the wintertime. THat one looks to have Russian in it.

Let me guess, just like the majestic and elusive/exclusive mountain buck and turkey, they too would be almost impossible for a mere mortal flatlander to hunt? :rofl:

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Let me guess, just like the majestic and elusive/exclusive mountain buck and turkey, they too would be almost impossible for a mere mortal flatlander to hunt? :rofl:

You can make all the fun you want, come up here and try it, dude. :) Bring good hiking boots. :) The turkeys are easy, deer not so much. Mostly because there aren't hardly any deer, and they mostly live in places you can't get to without a lot of effort. At least the national forest versions.

And yes, the Russians are night and day from feral pigs. They are almost completely nocturnal, and spend the days holed up in almost impenetrable laurel thickets on perpendicular slopes. They are very hard to kill without a pack of good dogs, and not easy then.

kmckinnie

BOT KILLER MODERATOR
Staff member
Yea
Flat land swamp hunting is easy running dogs wading and swimming to them. Briar thickets 20’ tall for miles with swamp holes. Beaver ponds
Come on down and try it. :)

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Yea
Flat land swamp hunting is easy running dogs wading and swimming to them. Briar thickets 20’ tall for miles with swamp holes. Beaver ponds
Come on down and try it. :)

I've hunted the swamps some. It's not easy either. The mountains and swamps are both a huge difference from Piedmont hunting. That's why I bought land in the Piedmont. :D

Hillbilly stalker

I've hunted both, I grew up in the mountains hunting, and now live in the Piedmont. When I go hog hunting, and that's a lot, I go low. . Id much rather swat a few bug and kick a few snakes out of the way then fight the mountain. Of coarse a lot of it depends on what you call "hunting " too. Go to the mountains a time or two and get back with us.

buckrub

I've hunted the swamps some. It's not easy either. The mountains and swamps are both a huge difference from Piedmont hunting. That's why I bought land in the Piedmont. :D

Ha Just trolling and poking fun cause of all the post about mountain hunting. Personally, I'm too lazy for swamp or mountain hunting. I do my hog hunting at Kroger and prefer to spend my time managing a smoker and a liquor drink. :D