So close!

elmer_fudd

Headed over to Redlands yesterday to try one last time for deer. About 3pm I heard something coming towards me so I crouched down and got ready to shoot. I hear grunting, including a big one so I knew it was pigs. I started imagining the taste of bacon. I never shot more than one at a time before! They must have got within 30 yards of me then they went back where they came from. Even though the wind was in my favor I guess they must have scented me. I only ever got a partial glimpse of one but no shot.
Grrr.. it's been a couple years since I've seen a hog on a wma. I probably should have gotten behind a tree and stood up so I could have seen more.. but hindsight..

Killer Kyle

Hogs can be hard to get on sometimes! Just keep at it and stay on them, and kill without mercy! Good luck on the next hunt!!!

cwa1104sab

Keep at it, you’ll get one. At least you know you’re in their living room...lol

cwa1104sab

Hogs can be hard to get on sometimes! Just keep at it and stay on them, and kill without mercy! Good luck on the next hunt!!!

1st time I went hog hunting in Georgia my guide said to me “kill em, don’t cull em”. I never forgot that advice

PappyHoel

There's a bunch of hogs over there by the river. I've never shot one because I wouldn't know how to get it processed.

panfish

I just took a deer there Saturday. I want to see how good they are. I ask about hogs. They said there only open during deer season. So I guess if I get a hog after deer season I'll take it to Covington..

Rich Kaminski

Don't even gut them. Cut off the hind quarters, the sholders and the backstrap. Your done unless you want to make sausage from the neck. When you hear them walk slowly towards them (keeping the wind in your favor), if they run - you can run too because they will not hear you. You should be able to stalk to within 20-25 yards of them and then shoot them. Good luck.

Killer Kyle

Don't even gut them. Cut off the hind quarters, the sholders and the backstrap. Your done unless you want to make sausage from the neck. When you hear them walk slowly towards them (keeping the wind in your favor), if they run - you can run too because they will not hear you. You should be able to stalk to within 20-25 yards of them and then shoot them. Good luck.

:confused: You forgot the ribs and tenderloins too. I eat them all the time.asfar as getting it processed, do it yourself, or have it done exactly like a commercial pig. Hams, pulled pork shoulder, sausage, ribs, backstrap tenderloin, grilled tenderloin. It all just cooks up the same as store bought pork.

Killer Kyle

There's a bunch of hogs over there by the river. I've never shot one because I wouldn't know how to get it processed.

As I stated above,just have it processed into whatever cuts of pork you like. It's just pork!!!

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
As I stated above,just have it processed into whatever cuts of pork you like. It's just pork!!!

This^^^^^ cept it ain’t been ruint by a bunch of hormones :fine:

308-MIKE

several years ago, i shot a big hog in the begininng of march. the only place i found that was still open was a place called sheriffs processing in calhoun. they did a good job. made some good sausage.
if you aren't interested in processing them yourself, give them a try.

ps there are plenty of videos on youtube about processing animals, including hogs. look up scott rea, a british guy with skills and recipes.

ambush80

As table fare my wife and daughter would prefer I only shot hogs and not deer. I find them easier to process than deer. The skin comes off easily and the meat doesn't have to be cleaned as thoroughly of the loose connective tissue as a deer. You can eat everything but the oink.