Equipment paint

tree cutter 08

What paint would y'all recommended for equipment and trailers? Used rustoleum in the past with decent results on trailers. My chipper needs painting and debating on using rustoleum or something better. What's your thoughts or ideas?

Big7

The Oracle
Look on MSC Industrial Supply.

You can have anything shipped or if
you don't want to pay HAZMAT they have a will call
right at Six Flags.

If they don't have it, you don't need it.

The "order taker" can hook you up with
a fantastic tech support geek.

Been using them for 30 or more years.

rospaw

Very good luck with Tractor Supplys Majic paint. You have to use it with the Catalyst Hardener and reducer to make it a very durable finish. It makes a "ok" paint into a great paint by adding hardener. The hardener is about 15 bucks and reducer 10. Paint is about 30.00 for a gallon. It works out at a pretty good deal.
You can also add hardener to rustoleum products. Again, makes a heck of a difference adding hardener.

rospaw

Oh, best paint i have ever used on equip/rusty/wash n paint was a product called IRONCLAD by Benjamin Moore. Takes a day to dry and weeks to dry fully but when it does, rock solid! Works great over rust, other paints ect. One coat/no primer

GoldDot40

May even consider an epoxy paint. Something similar to VHT chassis paint some people use on their race cars.

tree cutter 08

After 2 days of sanding finally got this chipper almost done. Its coated in a thick layer of damp dust from condensation when I opened the shop door today. Was tempted to wash it off but don't want to soak all the bare metal. Should I just wipe it down with paint thinner to remove all the dust or spray it with degreaser, rinse, let it dry then prime?

rospaw

After 2 days of sanding finally got this chipper almost done. Its coated in a thick layer of damp dust from condensation when I opened the shop door today. Was tempted to wash it off but don't want to soak all the bare metal. Should I just wipe it down with paint thinner to remove all the dust or spray it with degreaser, rinse, let it dry then prime?

Blow with air while dusting with brush/rag then wipe down with thinner.