Bass Pro Spring Sale

Anybody made the trip? I went Monday and came home disappointed. Out of stock on the couple items I could have used. Seems the deals were mostly on low end items. Guess I will just shop WalMart and Tackle Warehouse.

BeerThirty

I didn't make the trip but the deals do apply online and so I made a few buys on the interweb. Based on the ad, I wouldn't say the deals were any better or worse than previous years. I scooped up some plastics, crankbaits and the rest was mostly terminal tackle...

61BelAir

I use my local bait shops, Big box stores aren't getting my money!!

I live near Milledgeville.....moderate sized town....Lake Sinclair, Oconee River, large public ponds on Bartram Forest, and Lake Oconee isn't far....yet we don't have a local bait shop anymore. A few gas stations near the lake have a small selection, but the only other game in town is WalMart. :rolleyes:

CamoClad

I ordered a fair amount of stuff from BPS online this week because of the Spring Fishing Sale and was pleased with the availability and price, and the bigger bonus is that I don't have to drive the hour and a half to get there.

Dustin Pate

Administrator
Staff member
The Spring Sale is nothing compared to what it used to be. Most stuff is reliant now on you trading in a rod of reel to get the full discount. Bass Pro, in general, is not the place to get good deals. Academy usually outshines them on a daily basis. There are many great online stores to get tackle from as well.

brunofishing

I live near Milledgeville.....moderate sized town....Lake Sinclair, Oconee River, large public ponds on Bartram Forest, and Lake Oconee isn't far....yet we don't have a local bait shop anymore. A few gas stations near the lake have a small selection, but the only other game in town is WalMart. :rolleyes:

Man I hate to hear that, We have two good ones around here, Randall Marine in PC Ala, and the Funky Skunk in Geneva Ga .

Papa Bear

Have to agree with Dustin, BPS sales aren't what they use to be! I too have switched to Academy on a lot of my tackle needs along with using my local bait shop.