Anyone know about TIRES and Wheels?

Big7

The Oracle
May Dad left me a little Nissan
truck when he passed away. The little tiny one. 85' model.

He stopped running it a long time ago
and I drove it some to keep it from just sitting.

Last tires I put on it (6 years ago) were used and mis-matched
but the same size with good tread.
The "used" guys are telling me you can't get 14" used any more.

So, looking at the door plate, calls for 195/75/14
and 5JX14 rim. I'm getting trailer rims when I put this number in. What does this number mean besides 14"?

Also, since I'm going to have to buy a set of "new" tires
how can I find out the tallest and widest tire that will
safely fit that 5JX14 rim?

I'm going to run it on the road because it gets good gas
and I won't be hauling or towing much.
Might even paint it. It's still a good little truck.

Many Thanks!

rospaw

5 is 5" the J is passenger car / light truck x 14" wheel.
What will fit other than factory? That is tough on a 2x4. One size up 205/75/14 will be about 2" larger than factory overall diameter. (1/2" taller) A 215/75 will be about an 1" taller. With a 5" rim you need to stay in the xxx/ 75 or 80 / 14.
Is the truck a Z2.4, twin spark plug 4cly with a 5 speed? If so, it's a good powered, driving truck.

Wycliff

Just to give you a little information 195 is the width of the tire, which means its 195mm across. The 75 is the height, meaning is 75% as tall as it is wide. And of coarse 14 is the wheel diameter. So when increasing the size make sure you have room for any added width.

Big7

The Oracle
5 is 5" the J is passenger car / light truck x 14" wheel.
What will fit other than factory? That is tough on a 2x4. One size up 205/75/14 will be about 2" larger than factory overall diameter. (1/2" taller) A 215/75 will be about an 1" taller. With a 5" rim you need to stay in the xxx/ 75 or 80 / 14.
Is the truck a Z2.4, twin spark plug 4cly with a 5 speed? If so, it's a good powered, driving truck.

Yep.. That sounds right. It has twin plugs and I'll see if it's a 2.4 tomorrow. Have to go to Mama's and pick it up. Been sitting there since he died a year ago. Except I'd ride around the block once in a while.
He bought it new and he always took really good care of all his stuff. Runs like a sewing machine. When I get it back to my house, I'm not letting anyone touch it.

Need a camper shell if you know anyone? :bounce:

Just to give you a little information 195 is the width of the tire, which means its 195mm across. The 75 is the height, meaning is 75% as tall as it is wide. And of coarse 14 is the wheel diameter. So when increasing the size make sure you have room for any added width.

I think I understand it a little better now.
Thank you both for the reply.

Anvil Head

Excellent little truck. Wish I still had mine, they just don't make them like that anymore. Mine had a little over 200,000 on it when I sold it. Still out there running the NGA Mtns and going strong (mine was 4x4) tough machine.

Jeff C.

Chief Grass Master
Buddy of mine has one of those Toyota Hi-Lux small trucks, said he thinks it still has japanese gas in it. :bounce: