Other faiths

ambush80

The bible asks the question can a leopard change his own spots? I believe it is impossible for a man to ever seek God, Love God, or love the things God loves if God does not first draw him, change him, and save him. The man has free will to do that, but his free will is bound by his nature, and his nature does not allow him to seek God. Now can a man change his own nature? No more than a leopard can change his own spots. As impossible as it is for a leopard to change his spots, it would be even more impossible for me to pick up a snake, unless like my nature, God first turned that snake into a rabbit or bird. I know the bible says the snake wont bite, and the bible says peach the gospel to every creature. I am just afraid the snake i pick up has yet to be told about the verse that says he wont bite me.

All that beeing said, I also no what those verses mean. The poison Earl, I drink it every time I listen to a muslim, or a atheist, or evolutionist ect ect or you talk about the bible. It has not weakened me or made me the least bit sick, yet I drink it down daily. And I run with and handle many serpants, Jesus sat and ate with them. But I have yet to run with a serpent and have his desires rub off on me, or feel the need to partake of his deeds, yet I handle them all the time.Good night.:yawn:[/QUOTE/]

So if God has to draw us, change us, and save us for us to seek him, how is that free will?

Taint'

mtnwoman

So if God has to draw us, change us, and save us for us to seek him, how is that free will?

Well that's a little miscombobulated.
He draws us, then if we draw near to him and let Him change us and then we are saved.....it was free will in the first place to draw near to Him and let Him change us, then we become save.
If we decline to do so that is still free will, correct?

He calls you, if you decline that's free will. right? if you accept that's free will. He draws all of us, some decline some don't, that's free will

ambush80

He draws us, then if we draw near to him and let Him change us and then we are saved.....it was free will in the first place to draw near to Him and let Him change us, then we become save.

He calls you, if you decline that's free will. right? if you accept that's free will. He draws all of us, some decline some don't, that's free will

what if he knows what your going to do?

Senoj

Thats right. If God made us puppets so that we acted, spoke and lived like He desires for us to, He would recieve no glory from that.

Senoj

what if he knows what your going to do?

Gods mercy and grace has no limits. Thats all i know to say. Alot of Christians attempt to explain everything about God and His nature and while their intentions are good (usually), many times they dont know but want to try to prove everything to whoever it is that asked the question. Thats a mistake because we are told in Scripture that we are not physically, mentally, psycologically, or philisophically capable to wrap our minds around the greatness and wonders of the God of this universe.

He has revealed alot to us but makes it clear on several accounts that our understanding is limited in our natural state. Its still all good though because what He has revealed is enough to work through this life and reach the end where we will be glorified with Christ and then, all these things will be revealed to all of us in Christ.