Outdoor books

walkinboss01

I've looked through several pages trying to find some outdoor books, but I'm coming up with nothing. I thought there was a sticky at some point, but I must be wrong. I know there have been some info posted before. Can someone help me out? Thx

Willjo

What kind of outdoor books are you looking for, Camping, flower gardening or what outdoor subject? You can enter a search on any book you want on internet and come up with numerous books on any subject you want.

2bbshot

I've looked through several pages trying to find some outdoor books, but I'm coming up with nothing. I thought there was a sticky at some point, but I must be wrong. I know there have been some info posted before. Can someone help me out? Thx

Don’t know exactly what your after but the Foxfire books are really cool, Some great history and lots to learn from the old timers. If your a bow hunter “ The whichery of archery” is great.

walkinboss01

Honestly, I ask a vague question because I wanted to get a variety of responses. I was mainly looking for books around primitive living, wild edibles, field guides, etc. thx

2bbshot

Honestly, I ask a vague question because I wanted to get a variety of responses. I was mainly looking for books around primitive living, wild edibles, field guides, etc. thx

I think the Foxfire series is perfect for you then. If your from Ga you'll like them even more. They tell you everything from the old methods of rendering lard to building a log cabin. Great stuff.

walkinboss01

Thx

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
The first six Foxfire books. The two books from the Society for Primitive Technology. Anything by Steve Watts. Horace Kephart's Camping and Woodcraft is an good old one that's still relevant. Frank Tozer's The Uses of Wild Plants is a great book packed with info. The Books of Buckskinning. Naked into the Wilderness by John McPherson.

I'll put in a shameless plug for the Medicine Man Golden Treasures series from Horsefeathers Ranch/Primitive Archer magazine. Books about wild edible and medicinal plants co-written by some old Hillbilly. :D

walkinboss01

Thx again