Warren Co 2017-2018

How2fish

Hunting warren co a little this year. Have property now in three other counties too. Seen a couple but nothing to write home about so far in warren. Out here today. Hot and muggy

How is the acorns on your place doing?

JigNchunk

We have lots of pin oak acorns falling but the white oak crop is small this year and they haven't started dropping yet.

How2fish

well I spent most of last week with the muzzle loader and managed to get a nice 7pt 170-180lb 3 year old buck. He was chasing does on Thursday morning and left off chasing them to divert to some doe in heat scent I had put out..the same scent that a 3 year old spike had come to an hour earlier. Opening morning was the only morning hunt that I did not see a deer on, but managed to shoot a big Yote at 11 am. If you are going this weekend good luck and they are chasing .

gahunter2011

Shot a nice 8 in warren this weekend chasing a doe. Scrapes everywhere and deer were moving good all weekend.

Attachments

• E8B0C543-7037-4D1B-8268-873D0EEC1B28.jpg
    E8B0C543-7037-4D1B-8268-873D0EEC1B28.jpg
    279.8 KB · Views: 333
Last edited:

deerhuntingdawg

Congrats howtofish and ugahunter11!!

deerhuntingdawg

So, things kept picking up on our property with deer activity. Knowing the rut was about to bust wide open, I elected to slip back into the select cut with my climber. The same bottom I killed my avatar buck. I was watching does under my stand late morning when I heard the distinct sound of very heavy antlers tearing up the sweetgums. Being three yo selectcut, it was very thick but I figured it out pretty quick. The next thing I know, two doe come running by with a huge buck on there tail. I threw up my rifle, he saw me and slammed in the breaks behind a sweetgum. I then picked out his neck and pulled the trigger...he dropped in his tracks. I put his picture in the truck buck for reference. He would have been my biggest buck but he snapped off his main beam and a cool droptine
****Updated with the picture attached**

Attachments

• Warren County buck 2017 II.jpg
    Warren County buck 2017 II.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 283
Last edited:

Duff

Saw pics dhd. Great buck man!!! Congrats!

How2fish

Congrats ! DHD what day did you get him ?

Last edited:

How2fish

ugahunter that is a nice buck how much did that ol boy weight ?

How2fish

Pic of my buck

Finally got a pic to post, big bodied buck looks a little skinny as I had field dressed him already. Watching him chase two does for 10 mins will get the blood flowing..:cheers:

Attachments

• 7pt 17..jpg
    7pt 17..jpg
    109 KB · Views: 323

deerhuntingdawg

Finally got a pic to post, big bodied buck looks a little skinny as I had field dressed him already. Watching him chase two does for 10 mins will get the blood flowing..:cheers:

Good buck! Congrats again!
Things have slowed on our property with the heat and less does in estrus. I’ll be in Burke County this coming weekend and then off to the Filnt River WMA after that for the second quota hunt. It may be Thanksgiving until I’m back In Warren County. Good luck to ya’ll the next few weeks!!

How2fish

Well headed to camp this afternoon for maybe my last trip this season, don't have any buck tags left and we have a 3 deer total on our club..so if I can get a doe I'm done. Funny how fast the season goes, been a good one for me I have seen a decent number of deer and had a blast. Best of luck to all of you Warren Co hunters and be safe out there !! Go Dawgs!

deerhuntingdawg

Merry Christmas Warren County crew!!