New Georgia Land Owner

Gophfer

My first post here. As of this afternoon My wife and I own (along with our lender) 70+ acres of planted pines with a stream running along one side of it.

I plan to learn a lot here to help me develop it into a luxury haven for deer in south Georgia. Someday I want to put a home on one corner of it where some old pecan trees and mature oaks now are overgrown.

The neighbors I have met are nice people and it seems to be a good place to be.

:flag:

Duff

Congrats! What county are you in?

jbogg

Look into getting some grafted fruit trees. I purchased a mix of two year old apple, persimmon, and pear trees and most of the trees had 30 - 50 pieces of fruit in just the second year after planting. They were only $20 each and they grew very fast. You can purchase a variety of apple trees, some will drop fruit by early bow season, and other varieties will hold their fruit into gun season. I planted a mixture and ended up with a nice little grove. Hope you enjoy your new property!

KyDawg

Gone But Not Forgotten
Hard to beat the South Georgia Piney woods. Welcome to the Campfire.

Gophfer

Look into getting some grafted fruit trees. I purchased a mix of two year old apple, persimmon, and pear trees and most of the trees had 30 - 50 pieces of fruit in just the second year after planting. They were only $20 each and they grew very fast. You can purchase a variety of apple trees, some will drop fruit by early bow season, and other varieties will hold their fruit into gun season. I planted a mixture and ended up with a nice little grove. Hope you enjoy your new property!

I have picked out an area for some fruit trees. I want to fence them for the first couple years to let them get established. I really am looking forward to getting started developing the property.

4HAND

Cuffem & Stuffem Moderator
Staff member
Congrats on the purchase! Always been a dream of mine to own my own hunting land.