shocking fish

Jethro8911

we have a creek on our hunting land that has some good size bass and some crappie also. I want see just how many fish we really have in it and have been looking into shocking the creek you can only access it by canoe. we cant get one of the bigger outfitted boats designed for this down to the creek. i have been told that you can do it with battery cables does any one know if this true. Let me say im not wanting to harm the fish i enjoy fishing for them i just want to know if we have enough to keep some every now and then.

germag

Gone But Not Forgotten
I would not want to get caught shocking fish. Guaranteed the GW will have something to say about it.

T.P.

Banned
Battery cables? Are you hooking them to a battery? Still ain't gonna do nothing. You need some serious juice. That's what I've been told, not that I'd know nothing about it anyways.

shakey gizzard

Battery cables? Are you hooking them to a battery? Still ain't gonna do nothing. You need some serious juice. That's what I've been told, not that I'd know nothing about it anyways.

All ya need is 21.2 jigga watts a flux capacitor and a Delorean!:huh:

Coenen

All ya need is 21.2 jigga watts a flux capacitor and a Delorean!:huh:
You also need enough space to get up to 88 miles per hour.

If the water is that small, assuming it's relatively clear, a pair of goggles and maybe a snorkel could get you on track. Panfish and bass, even wild ones, tend to be a bit more on the curious side, so as long as you are nonthreatening in the water, you should be able to see plenty of them.

You could also try to find someone with an Aqua-Vu cam or something similar, and either dangle it over the side of the canoe or mount it on a pole.

mdgmc84

They have other ways to do it other then the large boats, I watched a show about it once, I can't exactly remember how they did it though. Maybe just contact DNR.

muse2165

I have seen wildlife people here in NC using a backpack style shocking device in small streams. One guys walks along shocking the creek while another walks behind with a net.