Southeast Georgia Rut Madness!

Echo

Gone But Not Forgotten
It was sure on in my neck of southeast Ga. yesterday as I saw my first buck sniffing the ground as soon as it was light enough to see and continued to see them on and off all morning until shortly before 11:00 a.m. when I finally got a nice 10 point lined up in the crosshairs.

He had chased a doe by my stand about 20 minutes earlier but in the meantime gave me only brief glimpses of his tall tines while working the thick swamp cover trying to regain the does trail.

He finally found it and was slipping by my stand at 70 yards when he paused long enough for a clear shot. The 180 Core-Lockt did as expected and he piled up after a 10 yard lunge.

Attachments

• 10 point 006.jpg
    10 point 006.jpg
    186.4 KB · Views: 1,855
  • 10 point 022.jpg
    10 point 022.jpg
    241.9 KB · Views: 1,837

nick220

Good lookoing deer. The rut is happening in Gwinnett County. We grunted in a eight point buck and a four point buck last week.

blazer21

Very nice deer! A couple of us hunted Treutlen county this weekend, and saw a ton of deer! Friday eve i was hunting on the ohoopee river and had a very nice ten come by at 40 yrds pushing a doe and grunting! Im tagged out for bucks or i would have let an arrow fly! Got my hunting partner down there in my stand so he could try and bust him but he never showed again. Just small bucks and does. I did take two nice slick heads! They were definately frisky this weekend! Great deer you have!!

BornToHuntAndFish

Congrats on a fine tall tined beast.

DSGB

Nice buck! Looks like he's already been battling, as well.

Echo

Gone But Not Forgotten
Awesome buck Ernie! We did very very well in Screven this weekend too.

Nice buck Ernie!

Very nice deer! A couple of us hunted Treutlen county this weekend, and saw a ton of deer! Friday eve i was hunting on the ohoopee river and had a very nice ten come by at 40 yrds pushing a doe and grunting! Im tagged out for bucks or i would have let an arrow fly! Got my hunting partner down there in my stand so he could try and bust him but he never showed again. Just small bucks and does. I did take two nice slick heads! They were definately frisky this weekend! Great deer you have!!

Congrats on a fine tall tined beast.

:clap: Way to go Ernie!!! Heck of a buck pal!!!

That is an AWESOME SE GA buck! And YES, the rut is on FIRE down here!

Thanks everybody! It's always exciting to be in the tree on those 'just right' days..:cheers:

Nice buck! Looks like he's already been battling, as well.

Yeah, he was a little nicked up and run down from chasing and fighting. He had obviously been burning the candle at both ends for a while!