how is the off season coon hunting going?

plottman25

You can kill coons during training season it just has to be on private land. Thats how i train my pups in the summer i just got lucky and found a man who is having problems with them and he give me permission to hunt if i wood get rid of them there killing his chickens

Yeah its true, its legal to kill a nest full of Bald Eagles too if your hunting on "private" land:rofl:
Ive heard it all now. I want the page number that this regulation is on.

hawg dawg

I've been hunting a couple of nights a week but good Lord it's dry. I can deal with the heat but it's tough striking a track right now. The last time I hunted we made 4 trees and all 4 were layups, we didn't get a single bark on the ground. We need some rain in the worse kind of way.

Arrow3

You can kill coons during training season it just has to be on private land. Thats how i train my pups in the summer i just got lucky and found a man who is having problems with them and he give me permission to hunt if i wood get rid of them there killing his chickens

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

GA DAWG

Coons ain't moving to well!!!!!!!!

plottman25

I finally took the dogs out last night for the first time since the season ended. I had to leave the coondog at home because she has not dried up completly from the pups, so it was just 2 15 month dogs and a year old dog. Red had something treed on the second drop out, but i did not go to the tree so i could not tell you what it was. I dont go to trees in the summertime unless they are real close. But It was good to hear a dog run again.

GA DAWG

Who went to the tree then? Coons still not stirring much. Blackberries are the ticket right now. Wild cherries will be ripe in a short time. Should start seeing a few kittens any time now. From here till about feb. Coons will have plenty to eat!

went last sunday dog got bite by a snake. he is fine ready to go agian had a bad felling that night i guess i should have listened to it .

plottman25

Who went to the tree then? Coons still not stirring much. Blackberries are the ticket right now. Wild cherries will be ripe in a short time. Should start seeing a few kittens any time now. From here till about feb. Coons will have plenty to eat!

Nobody went to the tree. I let him tree on it a while and called him off. I was just letting them get some exercise.

rollins 93

Have been for about the last week and a half straight. All dogs are having problems sticking a track.( and I've been hunting with some big named dogs. so it just aint mine) Theyll hit a track hard then run it a little ways and loose it. Its so dry. We have been making trees and seeing one about every 3 or 4 tree aint to bad i guess, just ready for it to cool off.

GA DAWG

Hows your red dog looking in the north country? We still just treeing a few. Bears keep eating my coon feed. So I quit feeding them. Corns fixin to be ready up here. If I don't tree a bunch then. Im gonna whine! :D

GACOONDOG

Somthing has happened to our coons.We cant find any tracks on the sandbarsand you hardly ever see one dead in the road.Dog's will hunt out an area and never get a bark.This time last year coons were everywhere and we had no problem treeing them. Very few were shot out back in the winter where we are hunting now.I have been told that parvo or destimper may have got in them. At least i know my dog's want slick tree.

GA DAWG

K9 distemper is what kills em. Totes spread it and coons spread it. Came through here bout 5 years ago. Bad bad stuff. We are not over it and don't know if we ever will be!

GACOONDOG

K9 distemper is what kills em. Totes spread it and coons spread it. Came through here bout 5 years ago. Bad bad stuff. We are not over it and don't know if we ever will be!
My grandpa told me when i was a boy that years ago the coons died off around here and it took years for them to come back.Their was a coon crossed the road in front of me the other night and it was poor as a snake hair looked ruff to. It should have been fat because it came out of 50 ac corn field.When the distemper hit your area did you notice any signs or were they just all of a sudden gone.

Brian Ratliff

Ga Dawg

My Dog did good up North but the arrangements I had for him to get in the Breed hunts didn't work out so I Brought him back Home.

Distemper is very Bad you'll know if its in your woods you'll find Dead coon everywhere!!! Dogs will catch sick coon a lot so make sure your hounds are up to Date on all shots.