The Roswell Chicken Man Found Dead

Sweetwater

July 2011: Mr. Wordes leaves his home to attend a political rally. When he returns home, he finds that all of his chickens have been let out and feed is all over the ground. The next day, his birds begin to die. Mr. Wordes realizes that someone has poisoned his birds. Over the course of the next few days, Mr. Wordes loses 1/3 of his livestock, including 45 baby turkeys (10 of which belonged to Roswell Mayor Jere Wood), 25 chicks and 6 adult birds. I spoke with Mr. Wordes personally and he claims there is no doubt in his mind who was behind the poisoning.

Yeah..I think I saw that neighbor making comments to a news reporter yesterday. He had that "smirk" while talking bout how Mr. Wordes "just wouldn't follow the rules".

Duly noted.

Tvveedie

Banned
Roswell, meet tolerance. It's a foreign concept now, but just give it time and you'll thank me later. May even save a life one day.

SarahFair

Yeah..I think I saw that neighbor making comments to a news reporter yesterday. He had that "smirk" while talking bout how Mr. Wordes "just wouldn't follow the rules".

Duly noted.

There were a couple people interviewed that seemed a little "smug"

Ole Crip

It is a crying shame that our city's act this way. Mr. Wordes you RIP. They will all answer for what they have done one day.

Are ya'll calling Roswell to tell them to get their act together? Lots of small towns are going through similar issues.. they don't want people to have veggies, hens or honeybees.

Shameful that Rep. Meadows decided not to let HB853 (Right to Grow Act) go to the house floor for vote.. it would have made it a state right to keep and own chickens honeybees and veggie gardens.