sbe3

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
I wasn't to impressed with the SBE3, but I got to hold and play around with one this weekend. I was blown away with how good it felt. I'd really like to shoot one before I'm completely sold on it, but I do see one in my near future.

3.5 inch shell are hard on me. I will shoot them at a goose. i like my 3 inch M! and it kills good. 3.5 inch shell came on back when steel shells were just awful and did not kill. I can remember large amounts of down floating down when I had not one but two solid hits on a wood duck drake and all that bird did was fly away. For along time I was shooting a BPS ten to even come close to the killing power of a 12 gauge with lead. Not so anymore. The cheap steel you buy today is so much better than what we had when it first became the law of the land. 3.5 inch shell is not needed.

WOODIE13

2023 TURKEY CHALLENGE 1st place Team
the last tow years, I started shooting 2 3/4", keeps me on target better, plus the ducks don't know the difference, get them close, worse thing they are going to do is hit the blind.

mattech

Deranged Throat-Puncher
Anyone got one yet? I'm waiting for the camo pattern I want, it won't be released for a while longer from what I hear. If anyone in middle GA gets one and wouldn't mind meeting up and letting me shoot it I would appreciate it.

Btw, the MSRP may be more, but a SBE3 can be had for around $16-1700 dollars.

savannahsdad

The only tangible improvement they made IMHO is the change to the bolt that allows it to always go back into battery, regardless of how easy it goes forward. Making the infamous Benelli click a thing of the past. I don't know if that would make me pull the trigger on a SBE3, especially since I no longer shoot 3 1/2" shells, or not but I might look at a M2 if they made that improvement. If you look closely at the SBE3 it's really just a 3 1/2" Ethos.

HalOutdoors

sbe3 and ethos have nothing in common except the inertia system
sbe3 about 7.2 lbs
ethos 5 to 6 lbs
sbe3 comfortech
ethos progressive comfort
sbe3 comes in synthetic
ethos only wood
sbe3 3 1/2" chamber
ethos 3" chamber
not to mention little things like bolt handle,loading system,etc.

finally got a chance to hold it and really look at it and feels great just dont feel any different,waiting to shoot one now

dom

well i'm a sucker. finally decided to take advantage of one of the deals for a SBEII 25th anniversary. Just couldnt say no to the heavily discounted price and didnt feel there was enough justification in the redesign to buy a SBE3