Rolling Plains Research Ranch Bird hunting

28gage

I have seen them several times when out at the ranch and 4 or 5 years ago I participated in his quail survey at the ranch and saw two of them on the ground but didn't get to hunt behind them. The two I saw looked like they were mostly setter. They are trained to ride on his quail wagon high seat and leap off on command. I've always wanted to hunt with him but he has a bunch of hunting buddies from different organizations and I'm not on the list. He hunts with the rancher on the ranch I hunt so hope springs eternal.

Northwestretriever

Great video!

Killinstuff

Yep, hunting season must be over to get such a debate on how fellas like their dogs to work. I like mine to break on the shot and steady to flush. If they bump a bird (flush) they have to whoa right now and I try not to shoot bumped birds and pass on wild flushes. Just what I want out of my time in the field. With that many birds, I'd be picky on my shots anyway and just enjoy the dog work. To each their own.

Course that one ol boy at about the 2:25 minute mark was swinging toward the camera man when the they cut the scene. Was that Dick Cheney?