Happy Easter

Israel

BANNED
Although I appreciate you feel that way, you shouldn't.
I used to be a Christian. I'm perfectly aware of the price your god is going to make me pay if he exists.
I'm not a rapist. I'm not a thief. I'm not a murderer. I don't go to church on Sunday and then break the 10 Commandments on Monday. I don't worship any other gods. In fact, I now lead a more "Christian like" life than many Christians do. Am I perfect? No. I admit that and work on being a better person.
Next time you see God maybe you can ask him why that's not good enough. Maybe ask him why I have to worship him to be considered a "good" person in his eyes.

Heck if the rapists, murderers and thieves can fish with you in the Kingdom sure seems like there would be room in the boat for the people who weren't those things.

Since I am just beginning to learn the "no restriction" policy myself, it would be foolish to try and introduce it through any qualification, myself. But, you say, "I was once a Christian". So, forget about what you may (or even I may consider my stance!) regarding "being a christian" and what we may infer or imply of it in any application.

But...I find most "christian" people (presently self identifying...or presently past identifying) have some sort of familiarity with the Bible. Usually (and often especially) with the part called the new testament.

So here's the question, did you ever read the part where Jesus says "You have heard that it was said, ‘Do not commit adultery.’ But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman to lust after her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Talk about "being in the same boat!" How could I deny you without being made a manifest fool, myself? The question for me isn't whether "someday I hope Walt and I can fish together, that somehow Walt will be made as "good" as me" (do you hear laughter? I do!) But that how could any man, anywhere, at any time (I know some find my tendency to paint with a broad brush, sloppy, to say the least)...get outta "that boat"?

You could ask..."so what about it then?" Why the Jesus hubbub (this Israel guy amongst others) always seems to be making? I can't speak for others in this matter of the "why" in particular...(each man is given to declare his own relationship to anyone...surely including this Jesus)...but I am "allowed" to speak of what I believe I know.

So here's a thing I (presently) can't deny. (And I admit freely it is a simple cornerstone of my present thinking) Jesus is always telling me everything that is utterly impossible..."stuff". (or if you prefer...I am inferring, I gotta allow for that)
He never tells me "you got it now! You figured it out!" and this is really odd...because at times...I think I really do. But then...another impossible thing comes into view.
Impossible! Impossible! I mean...this Jesus is relentless in it.
I think I understand what the cross means, and I may even think I got some grip of it. And, quite metaphorically speaking...there I am...suffering nobly, sweating profusely, giving my most pious impression of ascending that hill with Him (yeah, I'm right here with you Jesus! How you doing friend? I know you wanted company...just some companionship...I'm here for you Bud!)...and boom...that girl's face in the crowd! Man, is she pretty! Makes me wanna straighten up a bit, suck in my gut a little, maybe even wince...but just the tiniest bit, y'know, show I'm bearing it (while also trying to show how very very tough this is!). Do you hear laughter yet? I do!
Who am I kidding?

Now, admittedly, it's times like these I think of all the times and times again I have either repeated or reminded myself (or been reminded) "If any man come to me and take not up his cross, he cannot be my disciple" I mean..."one" doesn't even get to "start" to hear from Him...apart from this! Huh? Impossible! Impossible!
And I so often think myself "a disciple"!
There's only one thing I am expert at, to deny it now would bring a laughter I don't think I can bear to hear...for I don't perceive it would be "laughing with me".

I am an expert fraud.

Pick me apart to the deepest particle I have yet seen of myself (but indeed, I also admit..."that" picking has a very salubrious effect...which I cannot explain) and I trust every particle will be stamped and say "done for an audience". For wife...one demeanor and face. Co-workers get another, children, another, friends..."enemies"...I got a trunk full of faces. And each is always being cosmetically modified per reaction.

OOOps! Shouldn't have put on that scorn face to such a degree toward that guy in the bar whose arms were 5 inches larger than mine! Noted!
Shouldn't have put on that "smart face" among these atheists (they're already pretty expert at looking past my "pious" face "I'm only here to help you poor poor shlubs")...cause some obviously do quadratics in their sleep! Noted!

But this fellow Jesus keeps ripping off masks! Doesn't He ever get tired? Impossible! He even gets past the one I don't think I have ever allowed anyone else (or should I say...been so provoked as to show anyone else?) "Why the he** are you treating me this way?"

'Yeah...one time I got so deep in the doo doo (to me) this thought came "Are you just trying to take advantage of my good nature?" (I hope you someday hear that laughter!...like maybe even now) Yeah, that remains an all time belly buster!

So yeah, I kinda love Him. He's impossible to be with...pretty much...like me.

If we wanna stick with the boating analogy, I'd have to say...He knows me stem to stern. I don't.
But, He's the one who never jumped ship, and yet also won't fall for my masks. It's really quite impossible to understand well enough to explain. It's just who He is.

It's odd (and yes, I know I say that a lot) how it seems to be working. If I allow Him the what..."dignity"??? respect? "allowance"? of Him to be who he says He is...I hear this..."yeah, it's fine for you to be who you are, too...at least with me"

No one else I know (wife, children, parents, friends...enemies) has ever told me so as convincingly. Nor unremittingly in practice.
Yeah...for now...at least...that's what "my" hubbub is about.
An impossible fellow finding another impossible fellow. And calling him...friend. Yeah...it's impossible.
Just look around the boat.

Last edited:

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
□ Morning question and answer period with Israel to Israel.
✔ check

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I rather enjoyed it. It struck a chord in my heart.
Made me think of what Jesus said: "With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible."

Thanks Israel.
Yeah, it's nice to be able to have a place where a potential audience is already there instead of relying on the works to have them come.

Israel

BANNED
Yeah, it's nice to be able to have a place where a potential audience is already there instead of relying on the works to have them come.
LOL...now that's funny right there.
Who doesn't slow down to see how bad the accident was?

LOL, I shoulda said...collision. So, I will.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety

It seems to me that he tries too hard to use the active threads as a chance to get some spotlight to insert his current thoughts blog or a diary of daily ramblings rather than just have a coherent conversation that follows the current conversation.
Asking and answering your own questions in order to sway a conversation towards your thoughts and then running with them as if someone else asked you your opinion about them is not a style I can appreciate.
The threads are more of platform to post his "works" than continue the conversation at hand.

It is very very rare to have a thread started by by him and take off with a bunch of replies. I think he is a fine individual. Just not a fan of the writing style for these forums. His talent in that area is more for a personal blog.

That is just how I see it.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
LOL...now that's funny right there.
Who doesn't slow down to see how bad the accident was?

LOL, I shoulda said...collision. So, I will.

See, CAPABLE of simple conversation.
Chooses to blog mostly.

Israel

BANNED
"If you cain't pick apart the werds, then ya just go on 'haid and pick apart the man, you gunna get to the truth quicker that ways, anyhow."
Jeb Greesom from "Partners at the Divide"

welderguy

Lol.
I love both of you guys and all our quirkinesses too.

None of us agree 100% on anything, I've learned that. But, wouldn't we have a boring world without our little harmless debates?:type:

(I hate to admit it, but I even love bullet's cynicism):eek:

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
"If you cain't pick apart the werds, then ya just go on 'haid and pick apart the man, you gunna get to the truth quicker that ways, anyhow."
Jeb Greesom from "Partners at the Divide"
Brother, I'd need an Enigma machine to decifer the words.

Occams razor

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Lol.
I love both of you guys and all our quirkinesses too.

None of us agree 100% on anything, I've learned that. But, wouldn't we have a boring world without our little harmless debates?:type:

(I hate to admit it, but I even love bullet's cynicism):eek:
I do not dislike anyone here.
I really wish I could have a debate with Izzy. A debate or plain old conversation would be a pleasant change.

WaltL1

Since I am just beginning to learn the "no restriction" policy myself, it would be foolish to try and introduce it through any qualification, myself. But, you say, "I was once a Christian". So, forget about what you may (or even I may consider my stance!) regarding "being a christian" and what we may infer or imply of it in any application.

But...I find most "christian" people (presently self identifying...or presently past identifying) have some sort of familiarity with the Bible. Usually (and often especially) with the part called the new testament.

So here's the question, did you ever read the part where Jesus says "You have heard that it was said, ‘Do not commit adultery.’ But I tell you that anyone who looks at a woman to lust after her has already committed adultery with her in his heart.

Talk about "being in the same boat!" How could I deny you without being made a manifest fool, myself? The question for me isn't whether "someday I hope Walt and I can fish together, that somehow Walt will be made as "good" as me" (do you hear laughter? I do!) But that how could any man, anywhere, at any time (I know some find my tendency to paint with a broad brush, sloppy, to say the least)...get outta "that boat"?

You could ask..."so what about it then?" Why the Jesus hubbub (this Israel guy amongst others) always seems to be making? I can't speak for others in this matter of the "why" in particular...(each man is given to declare his own relationship to anyone...surely including this Jesus)...but I am "allowed" to speak of what I believe I know.

So here's a thing I (presently) can't deny. (And I admit freely it is a simple cornerstone of my present thinking) Jesus is always telling me everything that is utterly impossible..."stuff". (or if you prefer...I am inferring, I gotta allow for that)
He never tells me "you got it now! You figured it out!" and this is really odd...because at times...I think I really do. But then...another impossible thing comes into view.
Impossible! Impossible! I mean...this Jesus is relentless in it.
I think I understand what the cross means, and I may even think I got some grip of it. And, quite metaphorically speaking...there I am...suffering nobly, sweating profusely, giving my most pious impression of ascending that hill with Him (yeah, I'm right here with you Jesus! How you doing friend? I know you wanted company...just some companionship...I'm here for you Bud!)...and boom...that girl's face in the crowd! Man, is she pretty! Makes me wanna straighten up a bit, suck in my gut a little, maybe even wince...but just the tiniest bit, y'know, show I'm bearing it (while also trying to show how very very tough this is!). Do you hear laughter yet? I do!
Who am I kidding?

Now, admittedly, it's times like these I think of all the times and times again I have either repeated or reminded myself (or been reminded) "If any man come to me and take not up his cross, he cannot be my disciple" I mean..."one" doesn't even get to "start" to hear from Him...apart from this! Huh? Impossible! Impossible!
And I so often think myself "a disciple"!
There's only one thing I am expert at, to deny it now would bring a laughter I don't think I can bear to hear...for I don't perceive it would be "laughing with me".

I am an expert fraud.

Pick me apart to the deepest particle I have yet seen of myself (but indeed, I also admit..."that" picking has a very salubrious effect...which I cannot explain) and I trust every particle will be stamped and say "done for an audience". For wife...one demeanor and face. Co-workers get another, children, another, friends..."enemies"...I got a trunk full of faces. And each is always being cosmetically modified per reaction.

OOOps! Shouldn't have put on that scorn face to such a degree toward that guy in the bar whose arms were 5 inches larger than mine! Noted!
Shouldn't have put on that "smart face" among these atheists (they're already pretty expert at looking past my "pious" face "I'm only here to help you poor poor shlubs")...cause some obviously do quadratics in their sleep! Noted!

But this fellow Jesus keeps ripping off masks! Doesn't He ever get tired? Impossible! He even gets past the one I don't think I have ever allowed anyone else (or should I say...been so provoked as to show anyone else?) "Why the he** are you treating me this way?"

'Yeah...one time I got so deep in the doo doo (to me) this thought came "Are you just trying to take advantage of my good nature?" (I hope you someday hear that laughter!...like maybe even now) Yeah, that remains an all time belly buster!

So yeah, I kinda love Him. He's impossible to be with...pretty much...like me.

If we wanna stick with the boating analogy, I'd have to say...He knows me stem to stern. I don't.
But, He's the one who never jumped ship, and yet also won't fall for my masks. It's really quite impossible to understand well enough to explain. It's just who He is.

It's odd (and yes, I know I say that a lot) how it seems to be working. If I allow Him the what..."dignity"??? respect? "allowance"? of Him to be who he says He is...I hear this..."yeah, it's fine for you to be who you are, too...at least with me"

No one else I know (wife, children, parents, friends...enemies) has ever told me so as convincingly. Nor unremittingly in practice.
Yeah...for now...at least...that's what "my" hubbub is about.
An impossible fellow finding another impossible fellow. And calling him...friend. Yeah...it's impossible.
Just look around the boat.
So I would like to respond but you don't make it easy :D
I view most of your post as one would view the "old school" scratch paper we use to use to work out a math problem in long hand before a calculator did all the work- I know you remember. I do ;)
Its basically a recording of your own thought processes as you work on something you are trying to figure out.
But yes some of it can be thought inspiring. And really shouldn't that be the point of discussing here?
I can however respond to one or two things.
But that how could any man, anywhere, at any time (I know some find my tendency to paint with a broad brush, sloppy, to say the least)...get outta "that boat"?
If you take all our own personal thought processes (see above) out of the equation you end up with this -
1. A list of religions and or gods that man has and does worship.
2 All of the people who worshipped these religions and gods believe(d) in their religions and gods as much as the next guy.
3. All of those people believe(d) their religion and god(s) were/are "real", "true" and a "fact".
4. Christianity and therefore Christians are on that list or to continue the analogy, "in that boat".
I decided to get out of that boat pending further review.
Seems reasonable to me.
Why the Jesus hubbub (this Israel guy amongst others) always seems to be making?
Actually I DONT ask this question.
I believe Jesus (as we call him) actually existed and was most certainly a very inspirational figure.
And note - what I thought about Jesus was nowhere on the list of why I got out of the boat.

Israel

BANNED
So I would like to respond but you don't make it easy :D
I view most of your post as one would view the "old school" scratch paper we use to use to work out a math problem in long hand before a calculator did all the work- I know you remember. I do ;)
Its basically a recording of your own thought processes as you work on something you are trying to figure out.
But yes some of it can be thought inspiring. And really shouldn't that be the point of discussing here?
I can however respond to one or two things.

If you take all our own personal thought processes (see above) out of the equation you end up with this -
1. A list of religions and or gods that man has and does worship.
2 All of the people who worshipped these religions and gods believe(d) in their religions and gods as much as the next guy.
3. All of those people believe(d) their religion and god(s) were/are "real", "true" and a "fact".
4. Christianity and therefore Christians are on that list or to continue the analogy, "in that boat".
I decided to get out of that boat pending further review.
Seems reasonable to me.

Actually I DONT ask this question.
I believe Jesus (as we call him) actually existed and was most certainly a very inspirational figure.
And note - what I thought about Jesus was nowhere on the list of why I got out of the boat.
If I say "bless you" for this, somehow I don't think you're offended. Maybe you can see a man who doesn't know how it works cog by cog but to at least this point...really doesn't know how to say to another a thing that could carry a gratitude so deeply felt.

I'll forgo trying to make a long explanation of the why and how I cannot do a thing that seemed to once come so easily. I can't see you as "out of the boat" in the sense I may think you imply. You are not "not like me"...as much as I am not "not like you".

It's more to the point of admitting my own being tricked by a cleverness I fell for...that somehow there was a something I could do...would do to show myself superior to other men. I remain a "sucker" for a pretty face, in the presence of smart people I try to show myself as smart, or smarter, in the presence of the "pious" I have been as unrelenting in my efforts to "outstrip". I can't seem to "not react" to what I notice.

When I look at the wallet...and it is empty...it provokes a thing. When I look at the soul...and it "feels" lonely, it provokes a thing. But I have more rarely ever asked "why do I even notice...what I notice?"

We dance, in that sense, to the rhythms of the music we hear. We tend ( do we?) to seek out "like rhythmed" dancers. We seem not able to maintain the dancing of a jig in a ballroom full of waltzers. For even the very moment we "notice" they are waltzers...the "jigger" is now subject to influence.

I will leave the question of whether any observer can ever rightly judge "he continues to dance the jig now in rebellion" or "he must hear that jig music so intently, he cannot escape it, even though he sees waltzers all about...and everyone else is now telling him "they are playing Blue Danube...not Garyowen!"

I know it's a weak analogy.

The vampires never seem to dislike being vampires (except maybe that one Brad Pitt played)...but we, watching holler "no, don't open that window!" You'll be made into something "no longer like us"...even though the one on the other side of that window, waiting to get in is thinking "poor poor mortals, so ignorant of what they might have". Yeah, another poor analogy.

So we all argue "what is a man really?" Is he this..."plus that" or is he this..."minus that"? If he accounts for that is he defective man? If he doesn't allow for that...is he defective man?

For the man I am now...it's way too wearisome. I just see men...pretty much like me. But always something different, too.