Bryn Mawr Campground St Augustine Fl

3ringer

We are taking y'alls advice and have booked a stay at Bryn Mawr in June. We were lucky enough to reserve a beach front site. There is a pet resort up the street where we can drop off our dogs while we tour St Augustine. Looks like our dogs will have more fun than us at the pet resort. Any suggestions for great eats and drinks or must do's.

CC Rider

Saltwater Cowboys was good to eat before the hurricane. Don't know if they're still open or not. There's also some good guides out of Devil's Elbow if you're interested in fishing.

MudDucker

Staff member
O'Stein's for great fried shrimp!

Jeffriesw

I will second the votes for saltwater cowboys as well as Osteens.

Greene728

Those spaces look waaaayyyy to close together for me.

Please report back after your trip Ringer! Always looking for new places.

3ringer

Those spaces look waaaayyyy to close together for me.

Please report back after your trip Ringer! Always looking for new places.

Yeah they are close. We chose this cg based on great reviews. We like that you can walk right out onto the beach . Our dogs are allowed on the beach. They have a large pool. It's just minutes away from St Augustine and great restaurants. There is also a very nice kennel close by. I am with you about the closeness of neighbors. It's hard to find a cg that meets all the criteria. We have camped at Pirateland in Myrtle Beach and that place was slammed with people. Bryn Mawr isn't that crowded. They also have an adult pool which is nice. I like the solitude of state parks but they lack all the amenities that I prefer for a summer vacation.

Last edited:

3ringer

Yep Osteens , saltwater grill, south beach grill, beaches and saltwater cowboys all sound good.

Greene728

Yeah they are close. We chose this cg based on great reviews. We like that you can walk right out onto the beach . Our dogs are allowed on the beach. They have a large pool. It's just minutes away from St Augustine and great restaurants. There is also a very nice kennel close by. I am with you about the closeness of neighbors. It's hard to find a cg that meets all the criteria. We have camped at Pirateland in Myrtle Beach and that place was slammed with people. Bryn Mawr isn't that crowded. They also have an adult pool which is nice. I like the solitude of state parks but they lack all the amenities that I prefer for a summer vacation.

You got that right. Not many places where you're gonna get it all. We're headed to Topsail Hill SP in July. Its not on the beach but very close and also very close to lots to do. Looking forward to your report!

3ringer

Topsail Hill looks very nice. I like the natural feeling with the woods. If it had easy walk on and off beach access, it would be perfect. There is another campground down the road called Camping On The Gulf. It has easy beach access. There again, it is wall to wall campers. Your awning is almost touching your neighbors camper. There are several state parks with direct beach access but they don't have a pool. When we camped at Pirateland , they had all the amenities. The beach camping area was cramped. The shady camping area had more space between campers. The downside was there are tons of people everywhere.

We love North Beach Camp Resort on Villano. It has the inter coastal on one side and the beach on the other. Aunt Kate's restaurant and Cap's are excellent places to eat.

3ringer

We love North Beach Camp Resort on Villano. It has the inter coastal on one side and the beach on the other. Aunt Kate's restaurant and Cap's are excellent places to eat.

That looks interesting. I think we may ride through it if we eat at Aunt Kate's. I like the privacy between the sites. Thanks for the recommendation.

snuffy

We will be there July 1st. thru the 8th.

We always do.
Satlwater Cowboys
Creekside
O'lsteen's ( no beer there though)
Harry's

Try the Redfrog for breakfast.

3ringer

We had a blast . The beach was awesome. We loved Bryn Mawr. It has everything you need and close to great restaurants. The sunrises were spectacular.

Attachments

• IMG_0445.jpg
    IMG_0445.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 163

3ringer

We loved the raised decks at most of the sites.

Attachments

• IMG_0542.jpg
    IMG_0542.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 158

Latest posts