Dogs fighting and breeding

j_seph

Have 3 beagles, shame on me as they have been in same kennel as pups growing together as a pack. Two are male and one female, bad mistake. Been so busy I did not get 2nd kennel ready in time and noticed the female was in heat this weekend. Well the 2 males got into fight, neither one seriously hurt other than pride. I took the female out and put her in another kennel I had and left the 2 males alone. She escaped Saturday night and due to obligations I just put her back in big kennel before we left for church. Got home yesterday and the 2 males went at it again so I got the one who got his butt handed to him back in the other kennel and repaired it to keep from burying a dog. This morning the male and female were locked together. After all of this my question is, at what point could I put the male back in with the other two without worrying about them fighting it out? I will start this week getting the other large kennel ready for possibly Sept 25 pups now:cry:

. I always heard to separate them @ 6 months. Females are normally fine together, but males can be a problem. I run a pack of all females because of the way most males are i.e. territorial, butt sniffers, fighters etc.

Hope All goes well and I would look into some above ground kennels and use your big pen as a excercise pen. That's what my plans are.

I am sure there are plenty of people willing to take a pup from you. Lol. If