Pisgah national forest

amoore28

Me and my father are about to purchase a piece of property bordering the pisgah national forest in haywood county NC. I now there are bears up there but i was wondering if anyone had any experience up their. The property is located on the base of cold mountain.

amoore28

Thanks for the quick response. The Haywood, Buncombe county area is my family homeland. Was at at our family reunion couple weekends ago at Camp Hope right down the road. We are pretty excited about getting back to our roots.

Barebowyer

I have not hunted there but have been near and in Pisgah as well as in the Brevard area and have encountered quite a few myself.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Been living in Haywood for fifty years. Drew my first breath here and will probably draw my last here too. Cut my teeth chewing on a Plott hound's tail. :) That area is full of bears. Just make sure it isn't bordering the Sherwood bear sanctuary. Sounds like you're on the 276 side, but be aware that everything to the west of 215 above Burnett Siding is sanctuary.

amoore28

Yeah it's the 276 side. You probably know David and Carroll Burress up there in Haywood. I love it up there

lampern

The NC wildlife folks keep track of the bear harvests.

You can go to their website and see the number of bears harvested.

You can also use dogs in NC unlike most of Georgia.

bfriendly

Bigfoot friendly
Seems like I have read some stories about the Pisgah Mtn area...........not about bears, but about another big fella:biggrin2: I here that place is something special......really glad to hear of you getting back to your roots too! That awesome! Keep us updated:cool:

Latest posts