Cheap Homes...Real Cheap.

swamp hunter

My House tomm just might be a good Burn Pile.
I really don't want to Start Fresh with another Mortgage seeing as how I'm moving in 3 years anyways.
I was only going to live till then and then move to my Hunting Camp in far N. Fla. , 35 miles South of Valdosta.
I was going to buy a Big Honkin 5th wheel to retire in .
Already have a big metal shop , Cook room ect on 5 acres up there.
I need to stay down South Fla. for 3 more years ,65 then.
Anybody have experience with small single wide's , ect. or should I just spend 25 K on a real nice 5th wheel.
I know them 5 th wheels are real fancy and all but Sturdy is better to me. Is a single wide built any better than a 5th wheel ?
Are the Price points that much different ?

B

BornNRaised

Insurance????

Are you on the coast?

Flood zone??

West coast?

If you are not in a flood zone, you will be fine.

joey1919

I'd definitely pick the single wide for permanent or semi permanent living

snookdoctor

You can pull a 5th wheel out of the way pretty quick. Dodge a storm, and tote it back to your camp.

sinclair1

Going by memory of your plan at retirement, I would get the fifth wheel and move it to the club at 65. I assume you passed on the expensive insurance where you are and are on your own.

If you get a singlewide you can figure what ever you pay was for 3 years as they will be useless as far as selling it afterwards.

I wish you the best and hopefully your not even in Naples right now:flag:

WishboneW

Swamp, you might be surprised when you get back. My landlord said lots of trees down but the structures were not extensively damaged. You might also consider renting like I did, knowing your short timeline

Any way you should have no problem with enough work.

Bet there will be a lot where you are now and in south Ga. small towns usually have few options on quality repair work.

Capt Quirk

Campers are not meant for long term living, they just can't take it. Singlewides, not much better in a storm. Rentals, for the 3 years would be best for your wallet.

swamp hunter

5th Wheels are real pretty but built cheap.
Single wides are real ugly but build a little bit better...I hope.
House Naples is gonna need some repairs but that's what I do for a living.
Think I'll just grab a Single wide in the future and re-do it. Won't have all that much to do retired anyways.
It's for the Bride I already have several structures on site for me.
It can be Cinderella's Castle for her...I got the Gun range and the Metal building with an Apartment.