New Federal Accubond ammo

4togo

Has anyone seen the new Accubond ammo from Federal for sale. I don't reload and would like to find the Federal 25-06 110gr. Accubond.

BriarPatch99

I can't speak for the Federal part ...
but the 110 grain Accubond out of the .25/06 is deadly on deer sized animals...

Kawaliga

Gone but not forgotten
I just bought three boxes for my 250-3000 Savage. I have read that the 100 grain is deadly on deer.

jmoser

I load Accubonds in several calibers but not .25.

I do have a .243 and was thinking about the 90 gr AB.

They are not really needed for deer but will penetrate from stem to stern on a bad angle shot.

Klondike

Great bullets

125gr in .308 at 3000fps drops deer like no tomorrow. The .25s shoot accurately in my 257Wby but I am shooting tougher bullets for game as I have some concern pushing at 3500fps+

killerv

125gr in .308 at 3000fps drops deer like no tomorrow. The .25s shoot accurately in my 257Wby but I am shooting tougher bullets for game as I have some concern pushing at 3500fps+

What do you suggest on whitetail? I just picked up a used 257 wby rifle and some 110 accubonds to load up. I read these accubonds should hold up well in the 3300fps range.

bighonkinjeep

Good luck finding it. If you do you will be impressed. I have been loading the 110ABs 3100-3200 in the 25-06 for about 10 years and they are amazingly accurate out of my rifle and devastating on impact.

The Federal ammunition Item # is P2506A1 google that and You may be able to find a retailer. Most seem to be out of stock. Double tap also loads the 110gr accubond in 25-06 and might be easier to find. Midway USA has some in stock for $48 a box.

It seems harder and harder to find the 110gr accubonds even for hand loading since the "shortages" Not to mention that the 6.5 bullets are setting the shooting world on fire. It seems as if the bullet manufacturers are expending most of their time and energy producing the "hot sellers" rather than stuff that may be a little off the beaten path.

BriarPatch99

The Accubond 110 grain holds really well at 3200 fps ... there is no reason an extra 100 fps would be a problem with it ....

killerv

The Accubond 110 grain holds really well at 3200 fps ... there is no reason an extra 100 fps would be a problem with it ....

I hope so. I know a 257 wby isn't the best choice for a close shot if I have one but I ran across a deal and wanted to take something out different everyone now and then. All I have on hand for a 257 load is H4831sc so gonna give it a try first with the 110s. If not, gonna pick up some H1000.

Klondike

What do you suggest on whitetail? I just picked up a used 257 wby rifle and some 110 accubonds to load up. I read these accubonds should hold up well in the 3300fps range.

So for toughest construction I would use any of the Barnes .25 100gr and up. I am shooting the swift scirroco 100gr. Very accurate in my rifle and a tougher bullet than the accubond.

Don't get me wrong accubond is probably my favorite bullet across the caliber range I shoot for hunting but the 257 wby tests bullets like few calibers

Klondike

Try RL22

I hope so. I know a 257 wby isn't the best choice for a close shot if I have one but I ran across a deal and wanted to take something out different everyone now and then. All I have on hand for a 257 load is H4831sc so gonna give it a try first with the 110s. If not, gonna pick up some H1000.

H1000 is a good powder for 257wby but my go to has been RL22. The best combo of accuracy and velocity i have come across and I don't feel like I am pushing the cases hard (which is expensive)

Jester896

Senior Clown
I get real good luck with Hornady 117 BTSP factory loads...about .5 MOA. And with IMR4831 running 2995 like the factory load and the same bullet ...I got it down to .25MOA @100. I do like the Accubond bullet...use it in my .270 and am trying to use it in the LR version in my .260s...they are proving to be I little picky. I would be interested in your results for another alternative in my .25-06.. that thing has killed a lot of deer.

killerv

thanks for the tips, just picked up a scope for it and a timney. Actually, the xmark trigger in it was really nice, but under the recall. It's a remington cdl stainless fluted. Hope it shoots well.

bighonkinjeep

I get real good luck with Hornady 117 BTSP factory loads...about .5 MOA. And with IMR4831 running 2995 like the factory load and the same bullet ...I got it down to .25MOA @100. I do like the Accubond bullet...use it in my .270 and am trying to use it in the LR version in my .260s...they are proving to be I little picky. I would be interested in your results for another alternative in my .25-06.. that thing has killed a lot of deer.

110 Accubond and RL22, Win brass and primers. Best powder I've found for either of my 25-06s 1 is 22" sporter barrel and 1 is 24" medium heavy contour. Both 1-10 twist. Had a lot of trouble figuring out the sporter. Tried a lot of components and "bam" RL22 was the missing magic and improved both rifles dramatically.

Jester896

Senior Clown
110 Accubond and RL22, Win brass and primers. Best powder I've found for either of my 25-06s 1 is 22" sporter barrel and 1 is 24" medium heavy contour. Both 1-10 twist. Had a lot of trouble figuring out the sporter. Tried a lot of components and "bam" RL22 was the missing magic and improved both rifles dramatically.

I only tried 3 powders, RL-22, H4831SC, and IMR4831 in my M77VT. I can't seem to locate my SD info for the runs to tell you which was the best but it wasn't IMR4831. The RL-22 was a close 2nd. It also had more felt recoil if I remember right compared to the other 2. I do believe I could work with it more and get better results and it is a little slower than the other 2 and the barrel on that rifle is long.