Question for the gun gurus.

Big7

The Oracle
.22 remy pump gun legally smooth bored to shoot mini-clays.

I've only seen one when I was very young and the money was just not there.

It was counter-bored about 1/2 inch back to
look like a larger caliber.

Anyone know about this animal? $200.00 tax
or not. I want one.

Thanks in advance for any info.

T-N-T

That sounds really cool.
I have never heard of such

DannyW

What's the cartridge? Rat shot?

Never experimented with this type of gun but would rifling in the barrel really affect pattern density that much? In other words, is it necessary to buy a whole new, very specialized, gun to shoot mini-clays? Wouldn't your 10/22 serve the purpose just as well?

Good grief...I can't believe I just made an argument, weak or otherwise, AGAINST the need for a new gun. Hopefully my wife never sees this thread. facepalm:

rayjay

It's just a shot gun. As long as the bbl is legal length it's a non-issue. One of my 'dream' guns is a homebuilt, pcp air shot gun of about 38 caliber. Something stout enough to kill mice and chipmunks at close range but not a firearm. I have thought about using 38 or 357 cases filled with shot with a wad on top. The chamber would have an oring to seal the OD of the case. The breech bolt would have an oring on the face to seal against the back of the case. Would have to drill out the primer area for adequate airflow and probably turn off the stamped caliber markings in the lathe.

Lilly001

As I remember Remington used to make their pump .22 in a smooth bore.
As I remember I met a Gentleman in Mechanicsberg Pa. in the early 70's that was shooting pidgins for the city for bounty with one.
I remember because it caught my fancy and he was very proud to show it to me. And he even demonstrated shooting a bird from a house roof top with it. In the middle of the day in the middle of town. No one seemed to care and several local women asked him about shooting birds around their houses.
Imagine that today....

georgia357

What's the cartridge? Rat shot?

Never experimented with this type of gun but would rifling in the barrel really affect pattern density that much? In other words, is it necessary to buy a whole new, very specialized, gun to shoot mini-clays? Wouldn't your 10/22 serve the purpose just as well?

Good grief...I can't believe I just made an argument, weak or otherwise, AGAINST the need for a new gun. Hopefully my wife never sees this thread. facepalm:

I believe that the rifling will get the shot to spinning and when it leaves the barrel it will start separating in a spiral.

NOYDB

BANNED
If it isn't a smooth bore to begin with, shoot it enough and it will be.

If there is a competition of that nature, ask those already doing it. Make it known you would be interested if anyone wants out.

Once you have info, the phone and a friendly voice is your friend.

SASS249

I have to admit this is a new one on me, but a quick check on Gunbroker.com shows several of them for sale.