Crossbow Scope

BeansOnToast

Hey guys, I have been practicing archery with a crossbow for a couple years now and I am finally going to go on a hunting trip with some friends. I have always used a Field crossbow, but now I can finally get myself a beautiful looking hunting crossbow. I saw there are some great combos for sale at shops online which is great as I want to get at least a 4x scope on it. What can the crossbow hunters in here reccomend? I understand that sometimes the best models were made a couple years ago so if you have a favorite that you have not been able to replace, let me know!

I am going to take a look at some shop around too, but I am always a bit hesitant in buying something like a crossbow in shop. These things are worth a good chunk of money and I would expect kickbacks are common. Let me know what you all think, I am really excited to start seriously looking at some hunting crossbows.

I took a look online to see what hunting crossbows I could get without having to drive too far away, and found someone selling a great Excalibur crossbow with a scope and some bolts on http://www.used.forsale/hunting-cross-bow. I tested the xbow at this place before selling and I love it, cannot wait to get this thing into the field. Thanks for the advice bud.

Last edited:

sowgabuckstalker

I have heard to get the Hawke xb1, I got it in mail yesterday. I am also new to xbow hunting. I got a barnett whitetail hunter II the other week and have loved it so far, seems to be a great little xbow for my needs. look into it, and also the scope. Mounting it today and will report back. Great reviews and it seems legit.

BeansOnToast

I have heard to get the Hawke xb1, I got it in mail yesterday. I am also new to xbow hunting. I got a barnett whitetail hunter II the other week and have loved it so far, seems to be a great little xbow for my needs. look into it, and also the scope. Mounting it today and will report back. Great reviews and it seems legit.

Awesome, thanks for the advice. I keep only seeing bundles when I look online, but I will take a look for the Whitetail Huner II and see if I an find it on its own so I can add a Hawke to it if it seems like the bow for me.

ryanh487

If it's in your budget, look into reverse limb crossbows. Having hunted with recurve limb, normal compound xbow, and reverse limb, the reverse limb is overwhelmingly superior. Way more balanced, compact when drawn (think reduced interference from surrounding objects), and the drawn string is somewhat protected since it's inside the limbs instead of exposed to anything around it (great when walking through the woods or even just moving the xbow around in the stand). My 135# reverse draw also seems to shoot just as fast and flat, if not faster and flatter, than my standard 150# xbow. My dad's 175# recurve limb Excalibur is much faster, but it's also nearly 3 feet wide at full draw and is very bulky and awkward in a tree or box blind.