Which .357 Mag?

7Mag Hunter

I have a 6" S&W 686 in SS....great gun and plenty for deer....I also bought a SS Taurus snubbie in 357 this year that makes a great
pocket gun....i handload 38+p for fun and carry med power HP 357 ammo....

Balrog

The best currently available 357 in my option is the Ruger GP 100 3" Wiley Clapp model. You should take a good look at it. Its a cut about the average GP 100.

Wiley Clapp... now thats a bad name. Sounds more like something you might catch if you get too drunk to remember the night before the hangover starts.

The current S&W's offend me greatly because of the ugly hole on the side plate that Clinton made them add.

MCBUCK

Had my six in 686 since 91'

GunnSmokeer

I'd get an older, used, S&W model 66 or similar K-frame with a 3" barrel. Pre-lock (meaning, before about 2002 or so).

Polish it yourself for a brighter shine if the finish isn't as shiny as you like at first.

If you want a smaller-frame gun that only holds 5 shots, the Ruger SP-101 comes in 3" versions, and consider also the S&W model 60, which is available in .357 mag too, with longer barrels than typical snubbies.

ryanh487

Take a look at the GP100 Match Champion. Adjustable sights, wood grips, stainless finish, and improved trigger.