jth678

Here she is! Ready to try it out! Sightmark nightvision

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 796

MFOSTER

BANNED
Looks great if you. Decide to get an ir streamlight makes a tac ir that's real good it comes in handy on dark nights

bronco611

be sure to post pics and please inform us on how well the scope works. I am seriously considering getting one soon.

jth678

So far I've just looked off the back porch with it but this weekend I'm going to get it sighted in and take it out for a test run. It seemed to work really good just while I was looking through it behind the house. I'm going to try to use the video out function this weekend so if I get that working I'll try to upload some video of it also.

Flaustin1

Please let us know. I plan on ordering one next week. A good reliable review would be AWESOME! Where did you order yours and how long did it take to get it?

jwc0305

Sightmark Photon

You will love it, I've had one for over a year and it is great!
The IR is ok out to 60-75 yards, I bought a small 850nm flashlight and attached it, now i can see out to 200 yards easily on moonless nights. Have taken many hogs and coyotes with it.

jth678

Well I sighted it in this morning and it was really easy to do. It's really close at 100 yards. Since it was daylight it was really bright even with the brightness adjusted all the way down but I think I will have no problem with a shot at night. So far I'm really happy with it. The test will be tonight I've got a farm with some good sized pastures to hunt so hopefully we will get a shot at yote with it!

MFOSTER

BANNED
You will love it, I've had one for over a year and it is great!
The IR is ok out to 60-75 yards, I bought a small 850nm flashlight and attached it, now i can see out to 200 yards easily on moonless nights. Have taken many hogs and coyotes with it.
I'm confused why use a flashlight with night vision optics why not use a regular scope

Flaustin1

Its not really a flashlight. Its an IR Illuminator. Cant see the light without IR night vision.

jth678

Sorry guys I've been really busy and I didn't get to go the other night. I have been looking through it a lot tho and it's well worth the money. You can easily see 75 yards with the on board ir illumination.

rosewood

I'm confused why use a flashlight with night vision optics why not use a regular scope

The IR scopes see and magnify IR light. Like the night time mode game cameras. In fact, if you are looking where a game camera is currently taking a picture, you will see the area light up with the IR flash. The image is black and white also thorough the scope. The higher end scopes do a better job and may not need an IR illuminator. If you have a full moon, you typically don't need one either and in a big open field, you can do without. If you are in dense woods, the IR illuminator really brightens things up. The illuminator is basically a flashlight that emits mostly IR light and like most game cameras, you see a red point of light when looking at the light directly, but you can't see it on the ground. I have a night vision scope that came with a IR illuminator that sits on top, but bought a IR flashlight from dx.com for like $15 and mounted it on the gun also as a backup. Really stinks if your illuminator battery dies right when you need to shoot. Ask me how I know.

Rosewood