ladder stand with a box blind on top

GWH

Someone posted plans on this web site for a ladder stand with a box blind added on the top. I printed the plans out and cannot find them. A search made on this website does not show them, Anyone know how to retrieve them?

kidd1134

Here ya go.... KentuckyKeith's design.... we built several and they work good..

Attachments

• Ladder box plans.png
    Ladder box plans.png
    174.8 KB · Views: 1,034
  • walls.png
    walls.png
    160.4 KB · Views: 1,032
  • ladder.jpg
    ladder.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 1,044
  • ladder hut.png
    ladder hut.png
    71.7 KB · Views: 1,039
  • Ladderbox.jpg
    Ladderbox.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 1,018

Nitram4891

Flop Thief
It looks good but i wouldn't climb up one of those. That's a lot of weight on two legs.

GWH

Thanks, that is what I was looking for. Use a chain and turn buckle and it is set for years if you use pt wood

GT-40 GUY

Gone But Not Forgotten
It would last 10 years longer if it was made with treated lumber. Very dangerous when made with UNTREATED lumber.

gt40

BornToHuntAndFish

Looks good. Thx for posting.

Thanks, that is what I was looking for. Use a chain and turn buckle and it is set for years if you use pt wood

It would last 10 years longer if it was made with treated lumber. Very dangerous when made with UNTREATED lumber.

gt40

Yep, pressure treated wood has good long lasting benefits.

http://www.homedepot.com/c/discover_benefit_pressure_treated_wood_HT_BG_LC

Pressure Treated

April 17 2014

HT_BG_LC_PTW_Hero_Pressure-Treated.jpg

"Pressure treated lumber can last 20 years or more, and most pressure treated wood comes with a limited lifetime warranty."

HT_BG_LC_PTW_Body_Img-PressureTreatedChart.jpg

GWH

GT-40 Guy Pt wood is also known in the south as pressure treated lumber. At Ga. Tech., a very fine, highly rated school of higher education, it might be termed as chemically treated cellulose organic matter designed to withstand bio-degradation due to atmospheric conditions experienced within a changing environment. Thanks for your input!

kidd1134

Well thanks for the class on treated lumber...
Just thought I'd help GWH with the plans he was looking for. Didn't know I would have to explain every detail of the construction.
The structure is all made of treated 2x6's, 2x4's, and treated plywood (meaning the entire ladder stand, roof, and floor are treated). I even put singles, I had laying around, on the roof and added support where the stand is chained to the tree.
The only thing not built out of treated lumber is the blind. I painted and covered it in corrugated roofing material, so that it would last as well.

very safe and will last...

Attachments

• eyebolts & backing in V-cut.jpeg
    eyebolts & backing in V-cut.jpeg
    33.8 KB · Views: 698
  • ladder detail.jpg
    ladder detail.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 686
  • door on front panel.jpg
    door on front panel.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 694

j_seph

Sounds dangerous to me.
Used em similar to this for years. Here's one being built, that's me on the ladder and I am 42 now. So we have used em a long time.
2012-08-30_22-00-33_613.jpg

Ace1313

Used em similar to this for years. Here's one being built, that's me on the ladder and I am 42 now. So we have used em a long time.
2012-08-30_22-00-33_613.jpg

I know where this stand is and it was still standing along with several others.

GWH

Thanks kid1134. I like what you did. I didn't expect someone to not understand that pt stood for pressure treated. I should have been more specific. All of the rednecks like me probably understood. Maybe Jeff Foxworthy can include, " You might be a redneck if you know what pt wood is".