For those who read my posts..........

olcaptain

Lately I have been overwhelmed with kind words regarding my simple posts. I got to thinking this morning about how blessed I am to be able to do what I do and to share it with others.

As I thought about it, I realized that businesses, churches and other groups these days have a "Mission Statement." So, I sat down and wrote one for myself. Here it is and from the bottom of my heart I am thankful for you and always appreciate everyone's kind words....

"It has been my experience that there is a world of people who cross bridges every day and don’t have a clue about what they’ve just gone over. I also think there is a demand for something to read or look at that reminds people of a more simple and innocent time. In my opinion, people are longing for a word of encouragement or humor to brighten their otherwise depressed lives. Jesus said that He came in part, to give us an abundant life and I think we have a choice. We can whine, or we can shine. I choose to enjoy His gift if I possibly can for as long as I can and hopefully share it with others along the way."

ZwKovmi.jpg

Come see us!

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
Indeed, Capt. Your stories and pictures are welcomed and enjoyed.

nkbigdog

Great adventure stories from the heart. Thanks

Fork Horn

Very well said.

I especially like the "whine or shine" part. Most of us have been blessed beyond measure. Being thankful is a lot easier than complaining yet I know folks that find something wrong with the world daily.

I hope to see more post from you in the future.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
When I open the fishing forum, the first thing I look for is to see if you have posted anything. :) I am a pretty simple person myself. In a fast-paced world where competition and money and product placement are increasingly tied to fishing and hunting- a world where many people think that supercharged bass boats, hi-tech super expensive fish finding electronics, $500 rods and reels, and custom lures are necessary to catch a fish; it's really good to see someone who understands that simple pleasures are often more enjoyable and fulfilling to the soul than all the hyped-up stuff that many take way too seriously.

Keep posting, and we'll keep reading! :cheers:

Tmpr111

Yes sir, I come here often times just to see if you've posted anything ---- or given a recent update of Mr. Chad. Prayers for his ordeal and a big thank you for sharing and teaching along your way!

oops1

Buzzard Expert
Your threads are like the hidden pictures page in the Highlights books I got as a kid. Only read the magazine after going straight to that page first. Always a joy and you never disappoint. Keep it up.

Last edited:

mark-7mag

Useless Billy Director of transpotation
That is a great mission statement. Thanks for sharing your adventures with us

I have always read your posts since joining the forum... I believe God has chosen you to share your experiences to humble us, and bring us all closer to Him! Blessings to you and your family. Thank you.

EAGLE EYE 444

King Casanova
olcaptain,

I also agree so much with all of the other posters comments here so far.

You are such a wonderful "gift" to me as I try my best to read every one of your posts. I honestly feel just like I am always right there with you on your exploits and they all seem to put a big smile on my face and love in my heart for such wonderful memories that you have shared with the rest of us as I know that they have given me a much better perspective on life. I love the way that you have always chronicled your exploits by including such beautiful photos as well. As another poster above said, you don't need a big fancy bassboat with every kind of feature known to man included to be content. In my opinion, your style is the very best without any question and with the inclusion of "Maximus Relaximus", well that is really icing on your cake. Thanks for being one of my Favorite "Heroes" !!!! :cheers::cheers::cheers:

Ps: I just wish that I lived a lot closer so that I could share one of those adventures with you and Maximus.

fflintlock

Useles Billy’s Clubhouse Maintenance man
When I open the fishing forum, the first thing I look for is to see if you have posted anything. :) I am a pretty simple person myself. In a fast-paced world where competition and money and product placement are increasingly tied to fishing and hunting- a world where many people think that supercharged bass boats, hi-tech super expensive fish finding electronics, $500 rods and reels, and custom lures are necessary to catch a fish; it's really good to see someone who understands that simple pleasures are often more enjoyable and fulfilling to the soul than all the hyped-up stuff that many take way too seriously.

Keep posting, and we'll keep reading! :cheers:

Well said !
It's the simple pleasures in life that most folks run on by.

fflintlock

Useles Billy’s Clubhouse Maintenance man
Lately I have been overwhelmed with kind words regarding my simple posts. I got to thinking this morning about how blessed I am to be able to do what I do and to share it with others.

As I thought about it, I realized that businesses, churches and other groups these days have a "Mission Statement." So, I sat down and wrote one for myself. Here it is and from the bottom of my heart I am thankful for you and always appreciate everyone's kind words....

"It has been my experience that there is a world of people who cross bridges every day and don’t have a clue about what they’ve just gone over. I also think there is a demand for something to read or look at that reminds people of a more simple and innocent time. In my opinion, people are longing for a word of encouragement or humor to brighten their otherwise depressed lives. Jesus said that He came in part, to give us an abundant life and I think we have a choice. We can whine, or we can shine. I choose to enjoy His gift if I possibly can for as long as I can and hopefully share it with others along the way."

ZwKovmi.jpg

Come see us!

I know I look forward to your excursions. Great tales and great photos, keep'em come'n !

Big7

The Oracle
I enjoy your post' as well.

And I LOVE THAT DOG! :D

Ruger#3

RAMBLIN ADMIN
Staff member
I’ve walked long enough on this earth to know when I’m being schooled. Please keep teaching life’s lessons in such a pleasurable manner. I look forward to your next post, thanks for taking us along.

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
Well said. I hope everyone gets to discover the joy of a faithful dog, a curious child and a baited hook.

NugeForPres

Everyone has already posted what I am thinking. Simply put, you are a blessing sir. God is using you in a mighty way!

Papa Bear

Everybody has already said everything. Your words and stories are from the heart of a godly man and so many of us look forward to reading each of your post.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Thanks for sharing and keep em coming , and I to love that dog !