**** General Weather Discussion Thread #8 2017***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Oh yea of so short memories.

Here is a radar screen shot I took from December 8th 2014.

A note I might add to this radar screen shot. Temperatures were very close to what they are now and although that radar looked like a good winter storm, very little if any reached the ground as frozen precip and overall the forecast was a bust.

Nothing was recorded as accumulated snowfall for December in that year. Just because it's on radar doesn't mean you'll see it happening at near ground level. Doesn't mean you won't see a flake flying, but just like back then, it was nothing but wet ground at the end of the day.

Something to consider if the rate of fall on these forecast maps continues to decline. The one exception will be higher elevations in the NE Ga mountains. ;)

blood on the ground

Cross threading is better than two lock washers.
A note I might add to this radar screen shot. Temperatures were very close to what they are now and although that radar looked like a good winter storm, very little if any reached the ground as frozen precip and overall the forecast was a bust.

Nothing was recorded as accumulated snowfall for December in that year. Just because it's on radar doesn't mean you'll see it happening at near ground level. Doesn't mean you won't see a flake flying, but just like back then, it was nothing but wet ground at the end of the day.

Something to consider if the rate of fall on these forecast maps continues to decline. The one exception will be higher elevations in the NE Ga mountains. ;)

Thats the spirit... Dream killer:bounce:

RinggoldGa

I think every modeled storm I've watched with y'all on here the past 4-5 years has ALWAYS jogged NW in the last few days preceeding the event.

Except for this one.

Getting the shaft yet again in NW GA.

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
So, I still haven't seen a definitive timetable yet...

Status
Not open for further replies.