Carters Lake August PIG Spots (pic hvy)

Louie B

Water Temp: 86-87
Clarity: 2-3ft
Level: approx 5ft low

Had yet another cancellation today so I got out with my good friend and fishing partner Bill Payne for a little r&r. Bill and I dropped a good ole double over-handed yellow hammer on the Spots at Carters today. We caught approx 20-25 for the day with some really nice fish in the mix. Including a 5 and a 4 on consecutive drops. All caught deep with 4-6lb test line and drop shots rigged with the new Big Bite Shacking Squirrel and Zoom Swamp Crawlers.

We started deep and slowly worked our way out deeper. The deep fish haven't bit for me this Summer like in Summer's past but it seems to be coming around, late but it's gettin here. We were fortunate to find a magic tree out in the submerged timber forest in the main lake. The tree tops out in 45ft, the other trees around it top at 60. I caught a few good fish off the same tree a few weeks ago but the quality today was like I haven't seen this summer. While sitting on this one tree we boated our biggest fish (5lb and 4lb Spot) back to back. Then after drifting off we got back over it and boated two other Spots over 3lbs.

Nothing like having a great day on the water with a great friend and knocking their lights out.

Back out tomorrow day and night. Good luck on the water.

LB

Attachments

• 08.10.5.jpg
    08.10.5.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 608
  • 08.10..jpg
    08.10..jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 619
  • 08.10.02.jpg
    08.10.02.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 604
  • 08.10.3.jpg
    08.10.3.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 612
  • 08.10.4.jpg
    08.10.4.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 602
  • 08.10.7.jpg
    08.10.7.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 634
  • 08.10.8.jpg
    08.10.8.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 606
  • 08.10.9.jpg
    08.10.9.jpg
    199.8 KB · Views: 611
  • 08.10.6.jpg
    08.10.6.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 602

jalawson

Awesome! The magic tree producing for Louie B!

Willrut

Dang, you guys killed it! I would be lying if I said I wasn't jealous lol. Your friend, Bill, has good taste in rods there .

shadow2

those are some awsome summertime spots...but that should not be a supprise comming from you

jsimages

Wow what a day of r&r that was!!!!!! Awsome pictures and once again you and bill prove why ur the spot masters. Now if that magic tree would just produce money like it does spots lol. Thanks for the post sir

BradMyers

Gone but not forgotten
Just in time for some pigskin kick-off. That's a nice collection of footballs Louie.:cheers:

Cletus T.

I love knocking folks light out….I mean…LOVE IT!!!! Congrats on the fat-bellied footballs!

Those spots are soooooo dang pretty LB…..thanks for sharing it with us!!!!

“Magic Tree……Magic Tree….Oh how I love thee”