Bear Creek Lately?

Fletch_W

Banned
Going in the morning. I haven't been since early June. At the time, the only thing working for me was big water with a weighted fluke and an 8 foot casting rod, cove mouths, etc.

Same pattern?

I'm not a hardcore all-day fisherman, because I live in town, I'd be on the water when the gate gets opened and off by 10 or 11.

Also, I'm not against filling the cooler with bream, if there's any good productive bream action going on, regarding the moon and such.

Thanks in advance.

Randall

The fish have moved deeper over the past couple weeks and the fishing has slowed some. I was getting around twenty fish a day on almost nothing but big swimbaits. Last weekend we had one swimbait fish boated after throwing nothing but swimbaits almost all day. Before leaving I picked up a jig and went deeper to the 20-30 foot range and started catching fish after just a few casts.

I had a buddy who took his kids last Sunday and caught a bunch of bream. I saw a bunch of bream over on the rocky humps over by the old ramp/bouy line that were hitting on the surface last week as well.

bigbarrow

Carolina Rig on deep drops and 15-20ft crankbaits are what im catching them on! Good Luck