Oconee???

jsragan

I'll be fishing Oconee this Saturday for the second time ever. Anybody got any advice? I'll be glad to let you know all the details after the tournament.

MR.ED

DIE NOOOO MIGHT AND ALOT OF IT!!!!!!!!! It has been very slow for most people inculding me. OL-Moster (green-pumkin) worms around docks and 1/2 oz. Rattle Traps in the backs of pockets up river.Aleast that was how the BFL was won and the only two limits was caught.

bayoudawg

I've had good luck all summer with Mepps 1/4oz Aglia spinners,white dressing, silver blade - reaction bites off structure. I fish with pretty light tackle and have broken several off 8lb test but those treble hooks take a toll on the line if you're not minding it.

Pretty slow past two weeks, I expected it to pick up a little with the temp dropping. Maybe they aren't gernerating as much now that it's colling off.

pbmang

I was a co-angler in the BFL and can agree with the mag (ol monster) worms. I followed my boater (who was flipping docks) with a finess worm on a reaction innovations screwed up jig head and was using it to skip under the docks. I like that jig head because the worm won't mess up when you skip it.

I got a lot of bites (I think I caught about 17) but only 1 keeper. The keeper came on a smallie beaver in the dirty sanchez color. I figured a little bigger bait might do the trick so I put that on a little bigger jig head and it skipped perfectly.

Good Luck!

Latest posts