Shellcracker Report 2/20/18

fishingchamp

Went out yesterday and smacked em. Got to the hole around noon and left around 3 with the poles still taking hits. Had a 17 mixed bag which is fairly decent compared to 43 which is my highest number from this spot. Put my deeper smart sonar and found their den and layed it to em. Cats were hanging around close as well as the lmb which is cool. I will keep you panfish men updated on the bite.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180221-090757.jpg
    Screenshot_20180221-090757.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 1,364
  • Screenshot_20180221-090740.jpg
    Screenshot_20180221-090740.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 1,361
  • Screenshot_20180221-090710.jpg
    Screenshot_20180221-090710.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 1,365

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Looks like the makings of a good fish fry there! When should we show up? :bounce:

The mtn man

Sweet!!! Do you cast that sonar from the bank?

The mtn man

Yes, with 70lb braid and a strong polmar knot!! Thing works great man and I not saying that because Im sponsored by them but it does it job everytime!!!

I looked into those for kayak fishing, but couldn't find many reviews, I went with traditional electronics but hate dealing with the battery. How well would it work just by tying it of to a kayak and dragging it along? And does it mate with android phones?

PopPop

Gone But Not Forgotten
I'd rather eat shell cracker than any other fish, nice catch!

fishingchamp

I looked into those for kayak fishing, but couldn't find many reviews, I went with traditional electronics but hate dealing with the battery. How well would it work just by tying it of to a kayak and dragging it along? And does it mate with android phones?

So here are the specs for deeper! We have 3 units the 3.0, pro, and pro plus. I have the pro plus. The pro plus is going to do just about everything your $2000 lowrance is going to do as far as structure, down scanning, depth, temp. I can even put it into offshore mode and mark my pattern around the lake in the boat and go back to the spot where the fish are biting! It has a mount that you can attach
To Your kayak and it will hold the deeper for you instead of tying it to a rope and letting it drag alone. Pretty cool peice of technology and I can tell you first hand deeper has set the standard for the portable sonar units! And yes it works with android and apple products WiFi enabled I'm using it with a Samsung galaxy s8

The mtn man

So here are the specs for deeper! We have 3 units the 3.0, pro, and pro plus. I have the pro plus. The pro plus is going to do just about everything your $2000 lowrance is going to do as far as structure, down scanning, depth, temp. I can even put it into offshore mode and mark my pattern around the lake in the boat and go back to the spot where the fish are biting! It has a mount that you can attach
To Your kayak and it will hold the deeper for you instead of tying it to a rope and letting it drag alone. Pretty cool peice of technology and I can tell you first hand deeper has set the standard for the portable sonar units! And yes it works with android and apple products WiFi enabled I'm using it with a Samsung galaxy s8

One more question and I'll leave you alone, do you have to have cell service for the app to work?

The mtn man

No you don't! When the app is installed it will automatically connect to deeper through WiFi from deeper to the app!

Awesome, thanks for the info.

DEERFU

Nice catch and report! You should do a full review of the Deeper and put it in gear review

The mtn man

And how does it compare to the Ibobber?

I found some info from fishermen on some forums, and found some reviews, apparently the deeper device is in a whole other class than the I bobber as far as detail.