New to the site

Permitchaser

I have been lurking for a while and thought I'd join in

I am an avid fly fisher, tie my own and have a flats boat. I have done the trout scene for years including Alaska 3 times. My favorite is salt water flats fishing were you hunt the fish and usually see the fish to cast to. But I live inland in GA and only get to the ocean 2-4 times a year. So I fish rivers and lakes. I am not a fly fishing snob I'll use other rods and reels to search for fish and use the fly rod when we find them. In salt water it's more fly than not. I have caught Bonefish, Reds and Permit on fly my goal is Tarpon. Maybe this year it will happen. I am not getting any younger

Me and my flats boat buddies are going to Fl in April targeting Reds, Cobia, Pompano or whatever

Let me know if there are any like minded out there and how to post pictures

centerpin fan

I love saltwater FF! I don't get to do it as much as I like, though. :(

I've never been able to get into the sight fishing. It really is like hunting, and I'm just not a hunter. I like to bang out cast after cast in the mangrove swamps, targeting snook mostly but snapper, redfish, jacks, baby tarpon, too.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Welcome aboard!

Posting pics is fairly easy here. Make sure you resize to 1000 pixels or less on the long side. Create a post, tab down,Click the Manage attachment box, click the browse box, find the pic in your files and double click it. It will load to the browse box. Click upload and wait for the file to load. Then click submit reply.
If you use a pic host site Like Photobucket, create a post and tab down,find the pic and copy the URL come back to the post, then click the little box with the mountain with the sun. Paste the URL in the box and click ok. Then click submit reply.