Bow Master Portable Bow Press ???

GregoryB.

I need to change a string on a bow and do a few other things to the new string setup. I don't want or need a big expensive Bow Press for the occasional peep install. Just wondering if anyone has tried this press ?

DABAU

I bought this press when I started doing my own work and I have had no problems with it whatsoever. For the price I think it is hard to beat.

handfull

I have one. Works fine with the split limb adapters. For a cheap way to press every now and then, I started out with a cheap piece of pipe and pipe clamps from home depot. Made a couple wood blocks for the ends and had a working press for less than $20. Still use it any time I need to tweak bow.

handfull

Also, go to their website to buy it as they have discounted blems. Mine had a small scratch on it.

GregoryB.

Thanks for the input. Will pick one up in a few weeks when I get back to the states. Saw a U-Tube video using it and a wooden stand the guy made to hold the bow. Looks like all I need to do what I want . Just replacing a string on a single cam bow and installing a peep and D loop for starters.

Huntinfool

For occasional work, it cannot be beat as far as I'm concerned. It's worth double what you'll pay for it.

I wouldn't want to use it if I worked on bows every single day. But, for the 8-10 times a year that I might want to press a bow for one reason or another, it is invaluable.

Brewskis

I've used one for just about everything you'd ever need to do on a bow other than swap limbs or cams out. That might even be possible with the Bowmaster, but I'd probably leave it to a pro anyways.

Aside from a huge price savings, the other nice feature of the Bowmaster is the ability to conveniently pack it up and take it with you anywhere.