how is the off season coon hunting going?

Prorain

I don't hunt in the summer but the way it has been the last few day it's been good,real good.No kittens yet but I'm gonna build my coons some new homes this week got some wood now all I gotta do is cut it out and put together trying to build up my population.

Al Medcalf

Still treeing them...till it gets to dang hot

Attachments

• Brenger.JPG
    Brenger.JPG
    149.3 KB · Views: 1,080
  • 004.JPG
    004.JPG
    150.9 KB · Views: 1,067
  • 003.JPG
    003.JPG
    150 KB · Views: 1,073
  • 0402112215a[1].jpg
    0402112215a[1].jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 1,068

GA DAWG

We don't start seeing kittens till late july or early august in north GA. Atleast that's how its always been for me. You will have folks start claiming to see em on hunts any time now. What they see is spider eyes!

Al Medcalf

We don't start seeing kittens till late july or early august in north GA. Atleast that's how its always been for me. You will have folks start claiming to see em on hunts any time now. What they see is spider eyes!

I agree, it's too early. But, they sure are looking since shoot-out season is over...I guess they have a calendar.

ArmyTaco

Its been hard to see any coons. Surely we cant making that many slick trees all of a sudden. Just cant get em to look. ANd one of the last was found but it wasnt looking.

DuckHuntin101

Havent been since season went prolly will go a few times during the summer just to keep the fat dogs in shape.

Bigbird

This seems like a dumb question but isnt coon season only Oct to Feb? not trying to start anything just wondering. I have 4 coons eating all my deer blocks and I looked in the regs. and it said Oct- Feb thanks Brian:huh:

GA DAWG

You can train your hounds by running coon year round. Just cant kill any coon..Your right about the season.

Redticker

Been going regularly still but havent been able to spot any eyes through all these dang leaves. Definitely brought a few ticks home with me

Redticker

Weve been treeing in some big tall just thick stuff and havent been able to spot them the last couple of weeks. Im about to go through withdrawls

plottman25

I guess im going to break down next week and let the pups run a little. I hope they dont tree anyting cause i sure dont want to go tromping thru my club at night with it this warm.. We got some sho nuff big rattlers up here.

hollerin big

To the ones that don't hunt full time what do yall do with your lights and collars to make sure the batteries don't quit I ran mine for awhile today and now recharge them is that the right thing to do ill prob only run a couple of times during the hot season

coonhunter157

You can kill coons during training season it just has to be on private land. Thats how i train my pups in the summer i just got lucky and found a man who is having problems with them and he give me permission to hunt if i wood get rid of them there killing his chickens

GA DAWG

You can kill coons during training season it just has to be on private land. Thats how i train my pups in the summer i just got lucky and found a man who is having problems with them and he give me permission to hunt if i wood get rid of them there killing his chickens
DO WHAT? I'm pretty sure that aint right.

Jim Ammons

Originally Posted by coonhunter157

DO WHAT? I'm pretty sure that aint right.[/

Not legal-Here comes Mr Green Jeans!!