My favorite type of food was had yessaday afternoon.....what's your favorite type ???

Dub

Build that big beautiful wall. Please build it.

I'll survive just fine with my favorite eats....wall or no. Rain or shine.

I enjoy all types of food, but hands down, my personal favorite is Tex-Mex inspired eats. :flag:

Over this past weekend at work, the wife and I loosely formulated a plan to have a date day yessaday afternoon on my day off. I'd planned on knocking out some chores around the house and then easing over to "our spot"....a local cantina that has the coldest Dos Equis Ambar grande drafts that this ole boy has ever found.

It was my plan to get my son to drop me off there an our or two before she arrived from work. That way I'd be able to feed the little carnivore, catch up with him a bit and enjoy some of those ice cold drafts that were aforementioned. :cheers: He'd cut out after a while and then my wife would show up and we'd have some excellent guac made at the table and a good mango 'rita for her would arrive magically. Those aforementioned cold cervezas would keep coming as needed. They have impeccable timing there. It's the type of spot that enjoys it's long term patrons and the service is super. They treat us like family.

What's it they say about "best laid plans" ??

Well....son had a study session for an exam pop up....wife is winding down her last couple days of her current job and wouldn't be able to get there. 4th down....we were about to punt. Dang.

Couldn't let that happen. Looked at the coverage....checked in with the sideline coaches (my dogs)....surveyed the field one more time before snapping the ball.....(field was rainy outside....sitting outdoors was my hope at the cantina...didn't look favorable).....called an audible.

Made a fast beer run that included a heap of other stuff and got'r'dun at home.

Homebrew Tex-Mex inspired eats done on the family's altered schedule.

The only downside was the lack of cold Ambars. Grocery store's were all stacked off in the aisle way. Modelo was a suitable substitute, however.

Son always wants his to be mighty meaty. So beef filling was conjured up. I make double deckers for him....hard taco shell inside, cheese around it and wrapped in a soft taco. He needs the calories. Little joker busted off a 90 minute gym workout between classes yesterday that sounded intense.

Wife & I prefer fish in ours. Used some coconut to batter the skrimps.....and added some smallish flounder fillets and cook in the enchilada sauce. Pics insufficient to describe the great flavor.

Big ole batch of pico was made up. I freaking love this stuff. Could literally eat it with every meal. No kiddin real deal flavor that I love.

Batch of fresh guacamole made up. Turned out perfectly. The last batch had a bit more salt in it than it should have. This batch I added the salt at the very end and went in tiny increments until that "juss rite" taste was had.

Also used this as a drizzle topping.

Fish 'n skrimp tacos for wife & I.

Teenage T-Rex's mighty meaty....and then he killed a pair of fish'n'skrimp, too.

Pics blurry due to him snatching the plates aways as I was trying to get iPhone pics. :rofl:

Great meal. Easily made.

Slicing, dicing, stirring and sauté work all done while they were at the table and having a great family time together.

Easy meal. Great time together, in spite of foiled cantina plans.

So......what's your favorite type of food to make ?

Tex-Mex is the ticket, here. :fine:

karen936

Head Researcher, McDurdellson Enterprises, Inc.
dang that looks good

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Looks great! I enjoy cooking and eating all kinds of food, but I'll have to say that Tex-Mex is one of my favorites, too.

Nicodemus

The Recluse
Staff member
You have just flung the most severe cravin` on me.

JSnake

Useless Billy Bouncer
I could probably subsist on chips and that guacamole indefinitely :D

ryork

Incredible looking food Dub!

Cajun/Creole is tied as the favorite for myself with plain ole southern fried seafood.

Dub

dang that looks good

Thank you !!!

Looks great!!!!!!

Thanks !!!!

I don't know if I have a single favorite but, that could be it.

Well done.

PF

Thank you, Piney. Simple ingredients that translated to much bigger flavors.

Looks great! I enjoy cooking and eating all kinds of food, but I'll have to say that Tex-Mex is one of my favorites, too.

Thanks, man. Easy to tweak....simple fare....great flavor....can be made light or heavy....unlike Italian, for instance. Italian style food is well liked by my family, too.....but it seems like it's heavy & chock full of carbs. I like it....but all the pasta & dough isn't always what I'm in the mood for.

Tex-Mex seems to give me great flavor options but scale back to the essentials....if that makes sense. :biggrin3:

You have just flung the most severe cravin` on me.

:cool: When I say Tex-Mex, that is inclusive of chili.....and your recipe is now my go-to method. Thank you for that !!!!

I could probably subsist on chips and that guacamole indefinitely :D

Yeah, man. Thanks. That's what is gonna be for lunch later on.

Wow that looks great!

Thanks. Was fun to cook.

More fun to eat. :biggrin2:

Leftovers will be enjoyed, too.

notnksnemor

The Great and Powerful Oz
Love Tex/Mex and that is awesome looking.
Also love me some Cajun/Creole cookin'.

Paymaster

Old Worn Out Mod
Staff member
Man Dub! Beautiful pics of one of my favorites as well! But, if I have to pick just one thing it would be fried chicken, followed closely by Tex/Mex.

Patriot44

Banned
Looks awesome!

The only thing that I miss about living in El Paso is the food.

naildrvr

Simply put... Outstanding!!! Everything about that meal looks delicious.

If I had to pick a style of cooking as a favorite it would have to be down home southern cooking. And I guess if I had to pick a meal it would be liver and onion gravy with homemade biscuits.