Best ATV boom sprayer

Senoj

I’ve increased the areas I spray and the back pack spraying is really taking its toll on my back. Been researching ATV sprayers and wanted to ask for opinions here.

I actually have a lifted golf cart with a torque motor and HD springs that I’ll be using but will fab up a platform for the sprayer. I would go with a full boom but I’d like to use it for spraying glyphosate and remedy on the trails in the woods as well, so I’m looking at the boomless sprayers because I’m sure I’d end up breaking the booms on trees. Hoping some folks experienced with these things could recommend a good brand. I’d prefer to spend extra up front if it will result in having to fix it less often.

BriarPatch99

I have a boom type I built out of scrap metal for the "frame" ... I used 2" electrical pvc for the booms . ... I used a hinged boom with springs that allow the boom arms to fold back if they hit something ... the springs return the arms to the correct position ...

The two nozzles will cover a 80" swath . ... with good coverage ... Different spray tip allow me to change the amount of liquid sprayed ...

Mine is a pull type but could be adapted to mount on an atv/cart with little change ....

I'll take some photos and post tomorrow ....

Big7

The Oracle
Call ESS, Inc. (Electro Static Spraying) systems
in Watkinsville.

Not the cheapest in the world but they are
the best.

All sizes, from the smallest hand-held to the largest tractor pulled.

I worked there in the 90's and designed a few (of all types) that
are probably obsolete now.

But I do know they are top of the line.

BCPbuckhunter

just go to tractor supply and buy you a 15 gallon sprayer. you can buy you some pvc and make your own booms to fit your need cheap. I made a 10' for my plots and a 6' for going in tighter areas, you could even make a smaller one if you wanted cheaply.

Crakajak

Daily Driveler News Team
Make sure you flush the system really good after every use. Do not store mixed chemicals in the tank overnight. If you spray 24D make double sure you clean the system.The pump will corrode and you will be replacing it. Make sure you get a 2.5 gpm or larger pump.

jmock9

We have been using boominator spray tips. They are a boomless system. Get a sprayer with different valves(most are) so you can either run the tips or the wand. You will have to make you a system to hold the tips. If my phone was working i would send you our set up. Get as big of a pump as you can afford. I would say around 3.5-4.5 gpm. Once you start getting above that it gets costly. You want to make sure you are putting out enough water to go at a higher rate. Not sure about your golf cart but you may want a 15 gallon over a 25. You may to fill up some buckets and see how it stresses your cart. Very good investment.

Senoj

I’ve seen reference to the boominator tips during my web searches. Seems Fimco and Northern Toll brand are popular. I like the boomless since I would be on trails in the woods. Not crazy about the Northern brand boomless that has the hitch mounted sprayer. Leaning toward the Fimco since their boomless is attached to the tank. Doesn’t say what brand pump they use though.