Other than ?

Monty4x4

Are you really asking this on the hunting forum?!

Of course you don't 'need it,' but I love mine. That said my father in law who I hunt with has a 44, so we have both in our camp. So if that wasn't the case I might 'need' a 44.

Randy

Yes you need one. I mean what if you lose your 44? You'd be without a gun.....yea my wife fell for that one.

Anvil Head

Probably need a good small cal. backup for smaller varmits as well.....make the sell like Randy said. I do it mainly with anvils and tools these days. Also learn to "Rotate" stock so they get eye numb and pay less attention - "Camo" helps too - same style/color holster gives first glance apperance that it's the same gun (or anvil/stump in my case).
***Sure she "knows" just easier for her to save face later.***

ThatredneckguyJamie

Well before we answer that question we must answer another question. What is "NEED"? Webster provides a simple definition of NEED as :something that a person must have : something that is needed in order to live or succeed or be happy...

The key word in that definition, as it relates to todays topic, is happy. Will having a 10mm make you happy? I can certainly answer for myself with a resounding YES! So if you listen to Mr Webster, certainly a "defining" pun intended, member of our modern day world..Yes, you certainly NEED a 10mm

rosewood

Different purpose. I carry a 16 round 10 mm when hunting as a self defense, backup weapon. I would use a 44mag as a primary weapon for handgun hunting if I was using a pistol instead of a long gun.

Darkhorse

Of course you need a 10mm Stabow. Every year I notice my .44 mag. Super Blackhawk is becoming less than adequate for the really tough jobs.
I already have a baby 10mm in my .40 S&W and if I can get the grown up version then my handgun hunting would be back on track.:shoot: