My New Hunting pistol

pdsniper

Been waiting on this for five months and finally got it, I'm a big fan of 10 mm got two Mod 20 Glocks and when I saw the STI Perfect 10, I knew I had to have one, I finally got it last week and it shoots fantastic and now that there is some new powder coming out from western powder specifically for 10 mm the performance level should be even closer to the 41 mag, when I did a search on the net for carry holsters for this pistol all I could find was Kydex and plastic holsters and there way to noisy for me, so since I do a lot of leather work I decided to make my own and it came out not to bad

Attachments

• my STI.jpg
    my STI.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 2,403
  • STI Holster.jpg
    STI Holster.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 2,296

oppthepop

My goodness that is awesome! Im a 10mm fan as well. G29 and G40 Glocks. Underwood makes some pretty stiff ammo for 10mm that approach a 41 mag in performance. Excellent rig right there!

pdsniper

I'm really looking forward to getting my hands on some of this new powder and seeing what it does, I'm pushing a 155 gn at 1430 fps right now, I was told this new powder I will be able to get 1500 fps with no problem so we will see, I can safely shoot much hotter loads out of this STI than I can out of my Glocks so will see what kind of numbers and accuracy this powder will produce

pdsniper

you might look at the competition holsters I think most of them are set up for those kind of sights

rosewood

mike bell

I saw a post last week where somebody got a box of 10mm that was 1600fps. I have an old Para basket case project with a 10mm barrel but its not fitted right and firing pin hits off center so until I get it straightened out it sits in the safe. :banginghe

Apex Predator

Most cartridges will do 1600 fps with the right bullet! LOL

no7fish

That's a nice rig! I'd love to see how that looks in carry position. Seems like it would carry nice and high.

pdsniper

I built a chest rig for it as well and I have had it in the woods since season has started and it seems to be working very well now all I need is a good buck to come by

Attachments

• chest rig 4.jpg
    chest rig 4.jpg
    289.6 KB · Views: 1,288

wvdawg

Staff member
Beautiful outfit - fine leather work for sure!

Razor Blade

Sweet rig. I love my glock 20. I thought about changing out the factory barrel to a lonewolf 6 or 9 inch. Its about as large as you can go i think.