Funny and Sad at the same time.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
Then as usual, I take a claim like "I can't make it without Christ" to be patently false and lacking in true utility.

Just my observation.

As much as I like you and understand where you are coming from (I'm a PK too) our paths obviously diverged at some point in our journey's and though I completely abandoned my Spiritual Existence (House for better terms) and went on an exploratory journey of everything not Christian. Maybe I was no good at it, in spite of how much fun it seemed to be at the time, but eventually I came back and found that foundation (spiritual anchor) of where that house used to be still standing, waiting on me to rebuild upon it, and I can honestly say that "I cannot exist without Jesus Christ in my life". No utilities needed.

But though, when I returned, I tried just about every outlet that claimed to preach Him that I could, so my experience is about as broad on this side of the spiritual spectrum as it was on the non-spiritual side.

Perhaps that is the road I traveled that made the difference in my experiences as a PK as opposed to yours.

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
To put it another way.

Why are bibles against the rules in public schools but provided and encouraged in prisons? :pop:

The lack of one begets the environment that forces them in the other.

ambush80

To put it another way.

Why are bibles against the rules in public schools but provided and encouraged in prisons? :pop:

The lack of one begets the environment that forces them in the other.

I don't mind if Bibles are read in school. I don't mind if they read Korans either.

I see utility in getting criminals who may be incapable of reasoning themselves to goodness to believe in the Boogey Man.

ambush80

As much as I like you and understand where you are coming from (I'm a PK too) our paths obviously diverged at some point in our journey's and though I completely abandoned my Spiritual Existence (House for better terms) and went on an exploratory journey of everything not Christian. Maybe I was no good at it, in spite of how much fun it seemed to be at the time, but eventually I came back and found that foundation (spiritual anchor) of where that house used to be still standing, waiting on me to rebuild upon it, and I can honestly say that "I cannot exist without Jesus Christ in my life". No utilities needed.

But though, when I returned, I tried just about every outlet that claimed to preach Him that I could, so my experience is about as broad on this side of the spiritual spectrum as it was on the non-spiritual side.

Perhaps that is the road I traveled that made the difference in my experiences as a PK as opposed to yours.

I held on to the best parts.

Israel

BANNED
I held on to the best parts.
You may understand then my agreement in utility.
Some things are held as benefit, of a usefulness, while others are let go.

We are, if nothing else, to one extent or another observers.
Seekers we may become.
To deny the benefit (or utility, if one can bear it) of the finding could make a man untrue in his seeking. In that sense we are not "allowed" to decide the what, and how of effects we find, if we are. We also know this leaves us open to accusation...but so what?
We all know this. Don't we?