Snake Breaking Clinic--May 6th

GLS

Classic Southern Gentleman
Heads up! This will be Dr. Hugh "Bud" Calderwood's last clinic. He is retiring from the 'bidness. It will be at Forest City Gun Club, Savannah. Once we get closer to May, I will make another announcement with the particulars. Save the date. Gil

coveyrise

Have you ever ask him how many dogs he does in a average year? He did a clinic at Dog Pond kennels around the corner from the house this spring. Years ago I had a 6 foot rattler that we named Leroy Brown that I kept in a buried 55 gallon drum on my farm that we used for snake breaking our dogs. Would rather pay now. My snake handling days are over. Hope he enjoys his retirement.

GLS

Have you ever ask him how many dogs he does in a average year? He did a clinic at Dog Pond kennels around the corner from the house this spring. Years ago I had a 6 foot rattler that we named Leroy Brown that I kept in a buried 55 gallon drum on my farm that we used for snake breaking our dogs. Would rather pay now. My snake handling days are over. Hope he enjoys his retirement.

Probably a good move to have ended your snake handling days, especially Leroy Brown who could easily kill a junkyard dog. Gil

And it's bad, bad Leroy Brown
The baddest snake in the whole CensoredCensoredCensoredCensoreded town
Badder than old King Kong
And meaner than a junkyard dog

coveyrise

Leroy was pardoned after staying with me for a while. Released unharmed a long way from the house in a undisclosed area way down in a national forest in a place that has the greatest population of eastern diamondbacks in the world.

GLS

Leroy was pardoned after staying with me for a while. Released unharmed a long way from the house in a undisclosed area way down in a national forest in a place that has the greatest population of eastern diamondbacks in the world.
Years ago, Nat Geo's Explorer did a feature on EDB's being studied at Little St. Simons Island. A scientist had implanted telemetry devices in the snakes and would track them with a Yagi directional antenna. The island was loaded with huge EDB's. Gil

coveyrise

The shortest job I may ever have had was working a summer gig in college days in the early 80's tracking EDR's on Tall Timbers with Dr. Means. Made it about 3 weeks. There is a great documentary on Nationsl Geographic about Dr. Means and his life with Rattlesnakes. Good footage of him and I believe his son on Alligator Point fla finding snakes in the sanctuary there.

GLS

My contact will be getting an email out soon about the details. Gil

AllTerrainAngler

I would love to attend. I hope its a day i have off. Shift work at the sheriffs office can be a real pain...

GLS

Please PM email address so that I can send PDF file via email with information about the clinic. PDF files won't attach to PM's. Gil

Last edited:

GLS

There are several ponds nearby. Drew Ambos is a member and he oversees the clinic. He can direct you to a location that may be suitable. What type of dog work do you mean? Gil

There are several ponds nearby. Drew Ambos is a member and he oversees the clinic. He can direct you to a location that may be suitable. What type of dog work do you mean? Gil

We are traveling in from atlanta so hoping to get a little energy off before getting the pup back in the kennel.

GLS

You'll have plenty of room for that. Last year Timberdoodle brought down his 5 Cockers for the clinic. I believe he traveled the farthest. Gil

LowCountryDuck

I would like to know more information about the clinic.