What Is True?

red neck richie

So basically it comes down to a "who is tougher, superman or mighty mouse" conversation.
When you deal with and in variables that exist nowhere but an individuals mind and vary from individual to individual how can you establish a baseline as to where to start a discussion?
What is your definition of a spiritual aspect?
And if you are not interested in man's unit of measurement, why talk to man about it?

Good point I think because humans are curious by nature. So I am trying to figure out why are views are so different and why you have come to the conclusions you have. Just as you are curious why I have come to the conclusions I have.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Good point I think because humans are curious by nature. So I am trying to figure out why are views are so different and why you have come to the conclusions you have. Just as you are curious why I have come to the conclusions I have.
It is hard to get a bunch of like minded christians to agree on details within the bible let alone their conclusions to match on a spirit or spiritual matters.
I and i think "we" have those same feelings as you but it is just I/we do not get the notion that an outside source contributes to them. Science hasn't fully figured out the capacity, limitations or capabilities of our own brains, why introduce an outside source to muddy the waters even more?

WaltL1

Walt it is interesting. But I am looking at it from a spiritual aspect and you are looking at it from a scientific aspect. I'm not really into man's unit of measurement. I am guided by the spirit which doesn't always seem logical to some. And there is no scale for it but how scientist try to explain it. I understand your point of view and I hope you understand mine. I am interested in what others think and try to figure out why they think that.
It interests me too.
But I will readily admit none of the scientific journals I have read entailed locking a dog or a wife in a trunk.
I guess science just hasn't got to that point yet. Maybe it will catch up some day.

red neck richie

It is hard to get a bunch of like minded christians to agree on details within the bible let alone their conclusions to match on a spirit or spiritual matters.
I and i think "we" have those same feelings as you but it is just I/we do not get the notion that an outside source contributes to them. Science hasn't fully figured out the capacity, limitations or capabilities of our own brains, why introduce an outside source to muddy the waters even more?

True but do you think that is because we are all our own individual spirit? Even Identical twins can be totally different. You have three children you would think with the same dna they would be alike. But if your kids are anything like mine they are totally different. They don't think or act the same way. Animals act the same. It seems to be based off instinct but not humans.

ambush80

Me, too.

I have a suggestion for you. If you want to understand why people think the way they do, you should first be able to describe what they believe in terms that they'll agree with. Can you explain back to me what I believe? Next, you have to understand the arguments they have against your belief. That's part of the reason I asked you for your best three reasons against your belief. Or, which of my arguments have been the best against your belief? Which ones made the most "human mind" sense?

red neck richie

It interests me too.
But I will readily admit none of the scientific journals I have read entailed locking a dog or a wife in a trunk.
I guess science just hasn't got to that point yet. Maybe it will catch up some day.

Lol. I guess I'm a pioneer. Maybe I should write a journal.

ambush80

True but do you think that is because we are all our own individual spirit? Even Identical twins can be totally different. You have three children you would think with the same dna they would be alike. But if your kids are anything like mine they are totally different. They don't think or act the same way. Animals act the same. It seems to be based off instinct but not humans.

They can have strong personalities. The closer the animal is to us genetically, the more they're like us. Chimps have very different personalities. Have you ever seen a documentary about chimps or read an article about chimps?

ambush80

Lol. I guess I'm a pioneer. Maybe I should write a journal.

I've got a good experiment. Tie your son to a rock and tell him God told you to slaughter him as a sacrifice. See how strong his faith is. See if he'll go along willingly. If he doesn't, does that mean that God didn't give him enough faith?

red neck richie

I've got a good experiment. Tie your son to a rock and tell him God told you to slaughter him as a sacrifice. See how strong his faith is. See if he'll go along willingly. If he doesn't, does that mean that God didn't give him enough faith?

One problem with your experiment your telling me to do it not God. And as I told you before I don't push my faith or my believes on anyone. Including my children they are my personal beliefs. I tell them what I believe and why but they are free to make up their own mind. How do you know Abraham told his son where they were going and what he was gonna do? Nice try but an ambush shouldn't be that easy to spot.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
I agree about individuals being different. I have three sons and they are all different.
I do not agree it has anyrhing to do with individual spirits.
I do not agree that animals act the same way. They each have as a unique personality as a human.

WaltL1

I agree about individuals being different. I have three sons and they are all different.
I do not agree that animals act the same way. They each have as a unique personality as a human.
Yup.
At one time I owned 2 dogs. If you made an aggressive move toward me the little mixed breed dog pound rescue would be ready to rip your throat out. The Rottweiler would look at you, pass gas and go to sleep.

red neck richie

Let me give you an example. If a dog is in heat every unneutered dog within smelling distance will be trying to mate with her. If a human female is having her cycle boys watch out. But seriously I would doubt you would even know. And if you did you have self control as where animals do not.

Israel

BANNED
Yup.
At one time I owned 2 dogs. If you made an aggressive move toward me the little mixed breed dog pound rescue would be ready to rip your throat out. The Rottweiler would look at you, pass gas and go to sleep.

Some may be "fear" biters.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Let me give you an example. If a dog is in heat every unneutered dog within smelling distance will be trying to mate with her. If a human female is having her cycle boys watch out. But seriously I would doubt you would even know. And if you did you have self control as where animals do not.

Your simple analogy is not an example of how complex the differences really are.
You are totally not factoring in evolution and survival of the fittest.
20,000 years ago both ladies would have had the interest of however many men were around them.

Teenage boys in high school and adult males out at bars and clubs on weekend nights are two quick examples of hounds on scent trails.

Last edited:

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Richie, how old is the Earth?
How long have humans inhabited the Earth?

You are well thought but your thoughts stop right at the spot that seems to back up your position and you do not take the thoughts or research further to find out the truth. I used to be the same way.
If you think that male humans have always properly courted females then there is nothing I can say that will change your mind. The history of humans will tell you a much different story. We are animals and still act like animals. If you want to start a new thread to discuss it I ask you to please do so.

Last edited:

Israel

BANNED
Jesus is quite unequivocal in regards to the question of the OP. In fact he is emphatic as to not only what is true, but that he, himself, is the truth.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Jesus is quite unequivocal in regards to the question of the OP. In fact he is emphatic as to not only what is true, but that he, himself, is the truth.

So is Hong Kong Phooey. It says so right here.

Hong Kong Phooey, number one super guy.
Hong Kong Phooey, quicker than the human eye.

He's got style, a groovy style,
and a car that just won't stop.
When the going gets rough, he's super tough,
with a Hong Kong Phooey chop (Hi-Ya!)

Hong Kong Phooey, fan-riffic (gong!)

Israel

BANNED
One might follow Hong Kong Phooey as far as they are allowed.

bullethead

Of the hard cast variety
Super Tough, Groovy Style, Quicker than the Human Eye....
#1 Super Guy

Miguel Cervantes

Jedi Master
So is Hong Kong Phooey. It says so right here.

He's got style, a groovy style,
and a car that just won't stop.
When the going gets rough, he's super tough,
with a Hong Kong Phooey chop (Hi-Ya!)

Hong Kong Phooey, fan-riffic (gong!)

I did find the word tough, but failed to find "truth" anywhere in that declaration.