Remember the Old Milwaukee commercials

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
"Fellas, it just doesn't get any better than this!"

For someone with a reputation as a fly fishing guru, sometimes I find myself fly fishing an astonishingly little amount. So, yesterday I texted one of my fishing buddies and arranged a little on-the-water therapy for this morning.

We hit a North Carolina DH on just about as perfect a day as you could ask. And boys, it was something to behold. You know you've had a good day when fat 13-14" fish don't even warrant getting the camera out!

J.A. started it out with what was probably the longest fish of the day, a gorgeous brown with a glowing orange tail and a kype jaw. We didn't bother to try to measure it, but I'm guessing 25" is about right.

33186735153_0eac929c21_b.jpg

33186739473_fb60390236_b.jpg

33841995022_9cb19e1518_b.jpg

I couldn't let him catch ALL the big ones, so I got in on the action too. Biggest, fattest brookie I've ever landed.

33612882820_bb246afeee_b.jpg

What can I say? We thought we were going fishing but we ended up hawg hunting. We could have won most BASS tournaments with our top 5.

33186753963_0a84670118_b.jpg

33156333204_5f45133df0_b.jpg

33614184110_70333c2c0c_b.jpg

33614191040_b4482b3e07_b.jpg

I think every big fish came on streamers. I think I caught about a dozen more "smaller" fish on a Y2K, but they didn't get the glamour shots treatment.

NCHillbilly

Administrator
Staff member
Good stuff! That first one don't look like a fresh brooder at all. That looks like one of those that eat the 10" doughbellies when they dump 'em in. :)

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
Good stuff! That first one don't look like a fresh brooder at all. That looks like one of those that eat the 10" doughbellies when they dump 'em in. :)

The way he came out of the depths to smash a streamer, you might be right.

The mtn man

If thats where i think it is, i have a 28 1/2" brown on the wall that came from just down stream of the mouth of that creek.

northgeorgiasportsman

Staff member
If thats where i think it is, i have a 28 1/2" brown on the wall that came from just down stream of the mouth of that creek.

You know where it's at. You and me went there one afternoon and got soaked.

Cmp1

BANNED
Wow,,,, what a great couple of beauty's,,,, I'm gonna try and get out and take some of NCHillbillys advice tomorrow morning,,,, finally warming up a bit,,,, you guys definitely had a good day,,,, and what a beautiful place,,,, congrats,,,,

ripplerider

Those are some real nice fish NGSportsman. I might have to buy my N.C. license after seeing those pigs. Y'all had a great day! I seriously doubt that brown was a stocker.