Got my 2016 Dooly county buck back!!!

Doolydawg03

Picked up my mount over the weekend and got him hung up in the house very happy with how he turned out. Big thank you to Randy Qualls Whitetail taxidermy, Randy does a great job and takes pride in his work.

Attachments

• IMG_9290.jpg
    IMG_9290.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 1,257
  • IMG_9296.jpg
    IMG_9296.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 1,256
  • IMG_9298.jpg
    IMG_9298.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 1,254
  • IMG_9304.jpg
    IMG_9304.jpg
    61.4 KB · Views: 1,258
  • IMG_9319.jpg
    IMG_9319.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 1,254

Jim Boyd

Wonderful buck!

Doolydawg03

Thanks Jim i had probably 6-700 pics of him I wanted him bad we estimated him at 5.5 by jaw bone and he weighed 225lbs killed November 8th at 4:15 pm there is actually a crazy story behind the kill. Pure luck lol

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Heck yeah , congrats on a beautiful buck and mount !

BornToHuntAndFish

Congrats on your good looking dandy whitetail success from some fine hunting grounds.

Doolydawg03

Congrats on your good looking dandy whitetail success from some fine hunting grounds.

Why thank ya sir i was sure pleased to be able to harvest him after chasing him around for 2 months lol. quick replay I hung my climber in a block of pines i thought he may have been bedding in and little did i know i hung my climber 90-100 yards from his bed literally Nov. 8 at about 4:05 pm i was running late so decided to go jump in this climber for the first time after hanging it 3 days prior climbed up to the height i wanted to be at and as i turned around to settle in he stood up 90-100 yards from me and stretched (i am guessing i woke him climbing up the noisy pine tree i hung my climber on) i identified him with my binos it took me a good 45 sec- 1 min to realize what deer it was as he stood there checking the wind i reached for my gun and low and behold it was still at ground level attached to my rope :banginghe:banginghe lol i slowly hoisted it up never taking my eyes off of him shouldered the gun placed the cross hairs and watched him fall in his bed thru the scope. I was ecstatic to say the least i think i was in my climber for a total of about 7 minutes lol

new blood

That is a mighty fine nine!!! It seems that many a good buck get killed the first time a stand is hunted. And Nov. 8 is definitely a magical date. Killed my biggest on Nov. 8, 2007. I try to be in the woods that week every uear if possible. Congrats again!!

Doolydawg03

Thank you sir and yes it was a quick hunt to say the least lol and that was a great week for us there was 4 bucks in camp killed in 3 days this size and bigger.

Last edited:

Duff

Great story, mount and buck!!!!:cheers:

Latest posts