Scalloping

Dutch

AMERICAN WARRIOR
Only one way to find out. Scallop holes are like duck holes. Nobody wants to give them away to the cyberscouters :bounce:

Yep. ;)

Just like numbers to fishing spots in the Gulf

grouper throat

PSA- use the pull-off areas (newer asphalt) at the Keaton beach boat ramp that FDOT just put in when waiting to put your boat in/out. Don't block the whole roadway for the rest of us. It is happening already and not even scallop season yet...

kingfish

Talked to a buddy of mine who takes his scalloping pretty serious for him and his family. He told me in the last 2 weeks he's gone both north and south scouting. He's found scallops at every single stop, but not many and no real concentrations. Remember this also, last year there wasn't this much rain in the gulf in such a short period of time. You might have to run and gun for your limits this year.

dawg2

AWOL ADMINISTRATOR
Talked to a buddy of mine who takes his scalloping pretty serious for him and his family. He told me in the last 2 weeks he's gone both north and south scouting. He's found scallops at every single stop, but not many and no real concentrations. Remember this also, last year there wasn't this much rain in the gulf in such a short period of time. You might have to run and gun for your limits this year.

I will know in a few weeks... :bounce:

teethdoc

I'm fishing this weekend, but I'll also be looking for scallops and marking a few spots in my gps.

Hit-n-Miss

Well. . . . The scallops were not there for us today. Hit all of my best spots from Dekle to past Grassy. 4 hours in the water and about 40 scallops. Heard they were in 10' too deep for me.

louieb57

We went out Sunday out of Steinhatchee. We had two boats with 7 people we got our limit of 14 gals. We made three stops and had a couple of gallons. The last stop is where we found them in about 4 ft. The people I went with limited out Saturday also. The water was to stained where they was Saturday

Hit-n-Miss

We went out Sunday out of Steinhatchee. We had two boats with 7 people we got our limit of 14 gals. We made three stops and had a couple of gallons. The last stop is where we found them in about 4 ft. The people I went with limited out Saturday also. The water was to stained where they was Saturday

Y'all did real good. Did you go north or south?

pottydoc

My brother was there Friday. They caught their limit pretty easily. They were south of the river in about 3-4'. He said it was as crowded as he's ever seen it.

Jhud

Crowd cleared Sunday afternoon as we arrived at the hatch, usual spots closer to Keaton were not productive. We got limits Sunday and Monday but had to work harder than the last few years. Rock point to grassy were the best areas. Hope the storm doesn't mess them up as we are going again next week