Shopping for my first Crossbow

Two Bucks

Once again, I am looking for some help and suggestions. I have decided to start using a crossbow. I am looking for recommendations for a decent crossbow priced between
$400-500.00. I try and hunt from a box stand most of the time. If anyone has a suggestion, I sure would appreciate it. Safety is first and foremost.
Thanks to one and all.

Backwater

cam88

I bought one for my wife 3-4 years ago to get her into bow hunting and she hasn't used it yet. I've killed several deer with it. There should be very budget friendly bows out there.

alligood729

Go by and see Dale in Cleveland, ask him to see the Thrive from PSE. 365fps, aluminum rail, 6 bolts, lighted reticle scope, quiver and a neoprene sling. $499. Or, the Fang 350XT, 350fps, scope, quiver, 3 bolts....$349. There are several brands that will fit what you are looking for, I just know about these. :)

Joe EC

Barnett Raptor, fast, narrow, accurate and in your price range. Have one for 3 years, several thousand arrows through it. Nice bow.

ABBYS DAD

Save some money and get the Centerpoint Sniper 370. Amazing crossbow for the money.

antharper

“Well Rounded Outdoorsman MOD “
Staff member
Save some money and get the Centerpoint Sniper 370. Amazing crossbow for the money.

I just bought one of these mostly for my daughter , and am very impressed , I'm gonna break it in opening morning I hope , 249$ at Dunhams sports

cmtemple

I bought the center point sniper and have shot it a bunch and I am very impressed good groups out to 60 yards and blew through a 3D target at 50 yards